Chapter 15

Niall staggered back, tripping over his own feet. He landed on his bum with a loud thud. His hand itched to reach up and trace his lips, because holy shit. Harry just kissed him. Harry kissed him. Did he like it? Yes. Was it supposed to happen? No. Niall wasn't supposed to feel this way for Harry anymore. He was supposed to move on. Harry didn't love him, Harry didn't want him.

"Niall -"

"Daddy? Why kiss Niall?"

Harry turned towards his daughter, and shit she seen them kiss?

"Oh, uh, we didn't sweetheart. Just, uh, Niall couldn't breath, and daddy had to help him."

Bella nodded, and went back to her toys. Niall shakily stood on his feet, suddenly feeling nauseas. This wasn't supposed to be happening. He needed to leave.

"Niall, bud, are you okay?" Liam asked worriedly. He started to unwrap his arms from Zayn and stand up, but Niall quickly shook his head.

"No, I... I need to, yeah I need to leave." He said quickly, shaking his head.

Harry watched him with an unreadable expression, and he ached to reach out and kiss him again, because fuck he missed the feel of Niall's chapped but yet smooth lips.

"But, its Christmas." Louis said bewildered. The boys, Liam, Zayn, and Louis, showed hurt on their face.

"Erm, yeah, merry christmas!" Niall said quickly, slipping his shoes on before flinging the door to Louis' house open. He marched out into the cold air, not bothering to grab his coat from the closet. He ran to his car, careful not to slip on the ice.

He needed to calm down, it was only a kiss. But fuck it wasn't just a kiss. It was a kiss with Harry. Would it be okay for him to drink right now? Yes, of course. "Its the fucking holidays." He mumbled, turning his car left and heading to his favorite place. The club.

--

It wasn't long before Niall was pulling up and almost sprinting inside. He could already feel the bass from inside the club. The pavement vibrated underneath him as he made his way inside. Everyone knew him here. He usually came here three times a week.

"Niall! Long time no see!" Steven, the bartender, greeted him. Niall gave him a small smile, and took a seat.

"The usual?" He asked, making Niall nod. It had only been a few days since he last got drunk. Four days, he believes. He needed help. He couldn't even go four days. He decided right then and there he was leaving right in the morning. Not in another day, but tomorrow morning.

It would be best for him and everyone around him. Maybe time in rehab could help him move on, maybe he could start going to church. Maybe, - no. Church or rehab couldn't help him. Only he could help himself, so what was the point in going? Right, he was going for Harry. He wanted to prove to Harry he could get better. He was going to show him he could do it.

He wasn't a piece of shit, and he was stronger then people thought. He was going to prove to everyone he could stop drinking. But not right now. Right now he's getting smashed, and he won't remember this night.

--

His phone rang sometime later that night, and he answered it hastily. "Hello?" His deep voice asked.

"Harry." Came a female voice on the other line. He almost groaned out load.

"Harry, I want to see my daughter. You know I don't want to go to court, but you need to let me see her!"

"Mackenzie you know I don't want to keep you away from her, but right now you don't deserve to see her. You walked out on her before she was even one. You are selfish, and self centered."

The line went quiet, and Harry almost hung up when a gentle voice spoke.

"Please Harry. Please let me see my daughter."

He sighed, and opened his mouth to say something, but she cut him off.

"If you don't meet me tomorrow for lunch at the old cafe by your house at noon, then I will sign the final papers for court and I will get visitation for Isabella." She threatened, before hanging up.

Harry sighed, and placed his phone on the side table near the couch. Should he go meet her tomorrow? He didn't know. He wasn't ready for Bella to meet her mother.

"Shit." He cursed himself, unable to make his mind up. He decided to sleep on it, and in the morning he would decide.

--