Chapter 26

"Mum." Niall sighs, falling into his mothers arms. They finally landed and Niall was relieved because he wanted to sleep in a real bed and not an uncomfortable chair where little kids where screaming and kicking the seats.

"Niall.. Its good to see you." His mother holds onto him tight and then releases him. Her eyes go wide when she sees Harry standing behind him with a little girl clinging to his side.

"Harry, who is this?" Maura forces a small smile on her face. She was exhausted and had been up half the night at the hospital.

"Mum, this is Harry's daughter, Isabella." Niall cuts in, he just wanted to get this over with. Maura sends Niall a look that says she would talk to him later before she leads them to her car.

They didn't have a car seat for Bella so she is seated on Harry's lap with a seatbelt strapped over both of them. The car ride is long and quiet. Niall can feel the awkwardness in the air but he ignores it as his eyes fall shut. He really just wanted to sleep.

"Are we almost there?" Niall whines, adjusting himself in the seat so he can get comfortable. He is in the backseat with Harry, his head on Harry's shoulder and his legs on the seat.

"Yes, just be patient."

Niall falls into a light slumber. He could hear everything around him but he could not feel or move. It's soon when he is shaken awake, and he looks out the window to see the old house he grew up in. His mother and he lived with his grandparents growing up before they moved out of Ireland.

"You guys go rest up. Later today we will go visit grandma." Maura says as she leads them up to the door. She unlocks it and then steps through, allowing the boys to follow.

"Is grandpa there with her?" Niall asks, grabbing Harry's bag for him so he could carry a sleeping Bella to the room.

"Yes.. Surprisingly." Maura mutters, slipping off her shoes and jacket.

Niall sends her a glare, but she has her back turned. He leads Harry up the stairs and down the long hallway. He stops at the back room in the house, and opens the door. It looks the same as before; there was no dust meaning his grandmother still came in here to clean. He smiled at that, knowing his grandmother kept this room clean just for him.

Niall watches Harry lay Bella in bed, in the middle, and then he kicks off his shoes and pulls off his jeans and then crawls in next to her. He hasn't spoken much and Niall was beginning to wonder why.

Niall follows Harry lead, strips off his clothes and then crawls into bed. He pulls the blanket up to his chin, and then he is fast asleep.

--

A few hours later Niall is awoken from someone poking his face. He swats at it, turning around to face to wall. The poking continues but on his back. He scoots away from the person, pressed against the cold wall. He hears faint giggling, and then the bed is moving as someone comes closer to him.

"Dada." He hears, but he is almost asleep to reply.

"Dada, wake up. Food ready." He hears again. The poking continues and this time he turns over and forces his eyes open. He sees a smiling Bella, her curly hair sticking in different directions.

"Hey pumpkin." He whispers, his voice groggily. "Where's daddy?" He asks, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"He eating. He send me up here to wake you up." She says cheerfully. She bounces on the bed, watching Niall.

He sends her a smile, "okay, I'll be right down." He says, and then watches as she jumps off the bed and runs out the room.

He sighs, pulling the blanket off of him and instantly feels the cold air. He shivers, quickly rummaging through his bag and pulling out a pair of sweats and a sweatshirt. He dresses quickly, and then makes his way to the kitchen where he can hear faint talking.

"Hi, sweetheart." His mother greets him. She looks better, she looks clean and not so tired. Harry looks up from his plate, sending Niall a small smile.

"Hey, what's for dinner?" He asks, strolling over to sit next to her. A plate is already made and it is filled with various things. Chicken, corn, mashed potatoes, and green beans. "This looks good." He comments, already digging in.

Little to no talk is made at dinner. Just the occasional Harry telling Bella to remember her manners.

When Harry excuses himself to the bathroom, Maura turns toward Niall.

"So, Niall, you and Harry?" She raises an eyebrow but a small smile plays at her lips.

He shrugs, shaking his head. "I don't know what we are, but we're not dating."

"Why not?" She asks.

He shrugs again, this time not answering until he comes up with an answer. "Just... Neither of us asked I guess. I don't know. We just aren't. I mean we do couple things but we haven't made it official."

Maura nods understandingly, and then places her hand on Niall shoulder. "Just give it time. It will, or maybe it won't, happen. Just be patient." she sends him a small, and Niall returns it.

"Since we slept in a little longer then supposed to, visiting hours are closed so we will go visit tomorrow." Maura says after a long silence between the two.

Niall nods, "alright. Thats fine. I'm still tired anyway." He says, sending his mother a smirk when she sighs agitated.

"Of course you are." She pinches his cheek, and then pats it. Niall sends her another glare.

--

"I heard you talking to your mum earlier."

"Hmm?"

"At dinner. I was coming back to ask where the bathroom was when I heard you guys talking.."

Niall stays silent. He has his head on Harry's chest, his arm around him as Harry rubs his back and plays with his hair.

"I...I thought we were already official." Harry frowns, staring at the ceiling as he brings his left arm behind his head, propping it up. "I just thought we wouldn't need to ask each other since we had already dated before... I guess I was wrong. I'm sorry for that. I didn't mean to confuse you with things but Niall I really fucking like you and I want you to be my boyfriend and a second father to Bella. She needs someone in her life like you and I want you in my life. I know I messed up in the past but I was young and stupid and I won't mess it up again.." He rambles, something he does when he is nervous but Niall thinks its cute and a smile forms on his face.

"Harry.." Niall interrupts him. "Shut up.. You talk way to much. You didn't confuse me I just didn't know what we were. You never asked me to be your boyfriend so I didn't know if we were dating or not and to me we weren't since you hadn't asked. I understand where you come from but the question is still needed."

"Right.." He hears a sigh, and then he is being held tighter then before. "Niall James Horan, will you be my boyfriend?"

Niall snorts, "why did you use my full name? It's not like you're asking me to marry you." He chuckles, "but... I guess I'll be your boyfriend." He whispers lowly, Harry almost misses it but he doesn't and he can't stop the huge grin from forming on his face.

"I won't mess up this time." Harry whispers, closing his eyes.

"Just go to sleep." Niall says, his voice slurry. Harry chuckles, and he falls asleep holding his boyfriend.

--

I was listening to the song Whiskey Lullaby earlier and it really made me think of Tainted for some reason.. I don't know probably because when he leaves her he spends the rest of his time drinking and it made me think of Niall.

I updated earlier because its my birthday :D [march 25th to anyone reading this late.] its my present to you. Yay narry is finally official!

AND OH MY GOD DOES ANYONE WATCH TEEN WOLF? HOW COULD THEY KILL ALLISON AND THEN AIDEN. I BAWLED MY EYES OUT LIKE A BABY.