Chapter 14

It was Louis's birthday. Meaning he had two days until he was to leave for rehab. He wondered if Harry was going to show today. When Harry left, on Louis's birthday exactly three years ago from today, the boys made it a tradition to spend the holidays together. Niall wouldn't be here for New Years, though. Not that he could celebrate, anyways.

The boys, Liam, Zayn, Niall, and surprisingly Harry, were currently setting up party decorations. Louis didn't like a big party, just a small gathering with friends and family.

Harry was not talking to Niall, though. Actually, he hadn't uttered a single word since he arrived. He looked tired, and frustrated, and broken. He had dark bags under his eyes, and he had a slight stubble growing. His hair looked greasy, and it was thrown in all directions. Niall observed him from afar, glancing at him from the corner of his eyes every once in awhile. Harry held a frown upon his face, and his tongue poked out a little as he tried to become taller, standing on his tip toes, and reached for the ceiling. They were hanging up lanterns, and sadly even Harry wasn't tall enough to reach the ceiling.

"Hey Harry, do you need help?" Liam offered. Harry jumped a little, and turned his head slightly to the left, looking over his shoulder at Liam. He offered him a tired smile,

"Sure. Could you bring me a chair?" He asked, his voice deeper then usual. Liam nodded, and set off to grab the chair that was next to Niall.

"Hey, I'm just going to borrow this for a moment." Liam said, grabbing the chair. Niall nodded, not taking his eyes off Harry.

Liam nudged Niall's shoulder, "hey, don't even sweat it. Lou told him you were going to rehab, and he's happy. He's proud of you."

Niall tore his gaze off Harry, and locked gazes with Liam. He gave him a smile, and nodded. "Thank you."

--

When they were done decorating, it was half past noon, and Louis was going to walk in with his parents any minute now. They had shut off the lights, and were hiding behind chairs.

"Everyone stay quiet." Liam whispered, crouching down beside Zayn. This reminded Niall of high school all over again, expect this time Harry was there to join them. He almost giggled out loud.

They heard footsteps, and talking, coming closer to the door. Niall felt giddy, and in three seconds they were going to jump out and scream,

"Happy birthday Louis!" The boys screamed, and laughed.

Louis flashed them all a grin, pulling each individual into a hug. "Thank you, guys!"

The rest of the day went smoothly. They each got along, and shared a lot of laughs. Niall started a food fight with the cake, which started when he smashed a piece in Louis's face, and he decided to get back at him. They each felt worry free, and happy. Harry didn't think about court, Niall didn't think about rehab, and the other boys didn't worry about their friends.

--

Like each year, the boys camped out at someones house. This year it was at Louis's. Louis had a wealthy family, not that you would have suspected it though. Louis vowed to get a one bedroom apartment, but his parents wouldn't allow it. So, he had a four bedroom house, with two bathrooms, and a large sitting and kitchen area. He was never home, though. And if he was he had friends over so he never felt alone.

Liam and Zayn always shared a guest room, Niall had his own, and now Harry would get to use the only other guest room.

The boys settled into their beds that night, Harry was cuddled up with Bella, Louis demanded he have her come over. They hid her gifts in his room, so he could sneak out and put the gifts under the Christmas tree.

Louis insisted he dressed like Santa, and no one could stop him when he had his mind set to something.

"Merry Christmas!" Louis screamed in a fake deep voice, wearing a santa outfit. Bella jumped up, squealing.

"Daddy! Daddy! Santa!" She said tugging on her fathers arm, trying to wake him up. Harry groggily sat up, yawning. He wiped at his eyes, and sent Louis a small smile.

"Wow, look! Its Santa! Lets go see if he left any presents!" Harry said, ready to stand up.

"I been good! I have I have!" Bella said, jumping up and down, nodding.

"Well lets go see!" Louis, or Santa, cheered. They followed him down stairs to the living room which was packed with presents. All the boys pitched in getting Bella gifts for Christmas. Harry's eyes widen in shock, and he scanned each boys face, his smile widening as he did.

"Wow, Santa really brought a lot of gifts! You must have been really good!" Liam said, crouching down to Bella's level.

"I have! Right daddy?" Bella tugged on her fathers arm, and he nodded at her.

"You sure have baby."

"Well, Santa has to go! Other boys and girls need presents!" Louis cheered, waving goodbye.

"Goodbye Santa!" Bella called out.

Minutes later Louis returned in his normal clothing.

"Uncle Lou! Uncle Lou! You missed Santa! I saw Santa!"

"Wow, did you?! Thats incredible!"

They watched Bella open her gifts, snapping photos every time she did. Each boy held a smile on their face, happy they could bless this small child with many wonderful toys.

Niall excused himself to the restroom, the same time Harry excused himself to get more coffee. They each shared a glance, and walked awkwardly next to each other, parting at the stairs.

Niall did his business, and washed his hands when he was finished. He let out a sigh, and rubbed water over his face. He finally decided to exit. He made his way down the stairs, only to bump into Harry who was leaving the kitchen.

"Shit, sorry." Niall quickly apologized, staring shamefully at Harry's shirt that was ruined with coffee.

"T'is oka-"

"Hey, they're under the mistletoe!" Zayn shouted, pointing at them.

The boys made oohing sounds, and sniggered. Niall flushed red as Harry made a choking sound.

"You guys have to kiss." Louis stated, giving the boys pointed looks.

"No way." The two boys said, sharing a glance.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" They started chanting, causing Niall to turn even redder.

"Fuck it." Niall heard, before his face was grabbed and lips were smashed onto his.

--

So I have two amazing fan art and I can't upload them from my phone. :( I hope I can get a computer soon because they are so amazing and I want you guys to see them.

I updated early, so yay for that! :) how did everyones New Years go? I hope well :)

I also tried to make a happier chapter, and its only a filler, I suppose?