Chapter 32

1 week later

Niall sighs as his laptop freezes. He’s frustrated, and tired, and he just wants to sleep. Its past midnight, Bella is asleep next to him on the couch and Harry is doing a late shift at work. They came home six days ago. They spent an extra day in Ireland and then headed home. Niall was looking for a bigger apartment so Harry and Bella could move in. His and Harry’s apartment only had one bedroom, so it wasn’t big enough for them. He also couldn’t find an apartment that accepted animals, but he wasn’t giving away Malcom; Harry also wanted a cat so he needed to find a place.

He sighs, ready to close his laptop and call it a night when it starts working again. He looks through the apartment lists, when one finally catches his eye. “Valley Apartments” it says. He clicks on it, its two bedroom, and animals are allowed. He almost cries in relief, and then writes it down in his notebook. He closes his laptop, places it on the table and then picks up Bella and carries her up to his room. Harry wouldn’t be home for another two hours, and he couldn’t stay up any longer.

Bella wakes up briefly as Niall lays her down and crawls in beside her. She moves closer to Niall, her eyes falling shut as he wraps an arm around her and places a kiss on her forehead.

--

“Babe, wake up.” Harry whispers in Niall’s ear, trying to wake him up. “Babe.” Harry shakes Niall, only to get his hand swatted away.  Harry frowns, shaking Niall again. “Babe, where’s Bella?”

“What?” Niall mumbles, not opening his eyes or paying attention to what Harry is saying.

“Where is Bella?” he repeats. Niall sits up, slowly opening his eyes only to see its two in the morning.

“Bella?” Niall frowns, “She’s lying next to me.” He looks over, gesturing to her when he stops. His eyes widen and his heart stops. He jumps out of bed, frantically running his hand through his hair as he bolts out of his room. Bella wasn’t next to him.

“Bella?” Niall calls, quickly moving his feet down the stairs. Harry is right behind him, he’s worried and scared and feels as if he will get sick because his daughter is missing and he doesn’t know if she’s outside or somewhere in the apartment. They pass the living room, and Harry follow’s Niall into the kitchen.

“Why are you following me?!” Niall shouts, turning around in a panic.

“What?” Harry asks, taken back.

“We won’t find her if you follow me! We need to split up.” Niall says, trying to calm down. He regrets yelling at Harry, knowing Harry had a long night at work and then to come home to his daughter missing. “I-I’m sorry.” Niall sighs, walking past Harry.

He walks upstairs, checking in the bathroom, behind the curtains and then back into his room. His apartment isn’t even big, where could she be?

“Do you think she went outside?” Niall hears behind him. He turns around, sees Harry crying, and quickly shakes his head.

“No, I locked the door. She can’t reach the handle.”

Harry turns around, and stops walking when he hears sniffling from the bathroom. “Niall!” Harry calls, quickly entering in the bathroom. He falls on his knees, quickly opening the cabinet doors.

“Bella, oh god.” He sighs, quickly taking his crying girl into his arms. He feels arms around him, knowing its Niall, he doesn’t look up.

“Why were you hiding?”

“I hear.” She hiccups, “I hear bad noise. I.” she sobs clutching onto Harry’s shirt even tighter. “I hid. In there.” She points to the cabinets.

“You heard a bad noise?” Niall asks, rubbing her back. “When?”

“I don’t know. At door.” She cries.

Harry looks at Niall. He looks regretful, and sorry. “I had trouble unlocking the door…I’m sorry. She must have heard me and thought someone was breaking in. Bella daddy is so sorry. It was only me trying to get inside. The door wouldn’t open.”

She pulls away to look at him, “It was you?”

“Yes. I’m so sorry for scaring you.”

“It’s okay daddy. I not big girl.”

Harry smiles at her, chuckling a little as he stands up. Not letting her go once. “Yeah, you’re daddy’s little girl.” Harry walks out of the bathroom, forgetting about Niall for a moment.

Niall watches him walk into the bedroom with Bella. He felt like a deep weight was just placed onto his chest as he realizes Harry will always be first in Bella’s life. No matter how much he is Dada to her, daddy will always be first. He was okay with that, but it still saddened him. He wanted that connection with Bella, but he also realized he doesn’t have that connection with Harry, either. He was no longer number one, but second in Harry’s life. He was okay with that as well, but a part of him wishes he was still number one. Harry has other responsibilities in his life, and Niall would have to respect that.

He turns around and walks the opposite direction of his bedroom. Instead he lays on the couch, pulling the blanket off the back of the couch. He drapes it across him, and then reaches to turn the light off. He lays down, shifting a few times before he gets comfortable. Harry and Bella needed alone time, and Niall knows that. He would give it to them.

He sighs, closing his eyes as he tries to sleep.

“Why are you laying out here?” He hears, causing his eyes to snap open at the unexpected noise. He sits up, turning around to see Harry standing there in his pajama bottoms and nothing else. He is looking at Niall confusingly.

“What?” He asks, and then remembers the question.

“We were waiting in bed for you.” Harry cuts him off, gesturing up the stairs where Bella stands. She is standing at the top of the stairs.

“We got in bed and waited for you to join us. You never did so we came looking for you. Why are you sleeping on the couch?” 

“I just…I figured you wanted alone time with Bella.”

Harry actually laughs. “What? What would ever make you feel that way? Niall, you’re my boyfriend and Bella’s other father. We want you around all the time.”

Niall almost cries. Almost. He smiles widely, his teeth showing as he tosses the blanket off of him and follows Harry up the stairs.

“Come on, Dada. It bed time.” 

--

There's only like 2 chapters left. I'm going to cry because their story is going to be over. I plan to write a new Narry story, but I need ideas. Give me ideas! What would you like to read? 

I also am going to start a Niam story because it was requested. I have no clue what to write about that either...IDEAS PEOPLE. IDEAS. 

Okay, I hope you enjoyed this cute filled (kind of) chapter! 1 chapter left, and then the epiloge. Or maybe I'll just write the epiloge and end it. We'll see.