Chapter 12

Niall sucked in a deep breath, and then released it as his fist came in contact with the punching bag. Sweat dripped down his forehead, and down his chest and back. He panted, and dragged his feet to the bench to take a quick drink of water before he was back at the punching bag. His wrist was not broken, luckily. He wasn't supposed to use it though, for at least three weeks, but he ignored the doctors warning. Instead, he found himself in the gym at least every morning and night. He was losing his beer belly, but in a slow process.

Harry, and Bella had stayed all week. He didn't know how it happened, but it did. He didn't know if he could call them friends, more as acquaintances. Niall was still depressed, and sometimes instead of heading to the gym like he supposed to, he was at the club. It was on his mind a lot, drinking, and partying. He still had that urge to go out and have fun, and drink until his mind went numb, but he didn't.

But tonight was different, he couldn't get the thought to go away every time he threw his fist. Instead, it tugged at his mind, pushing him to gather his belongings and leave. He tried to ignore it, but it didn't last long. That is how he found himself packing up, and heading towards his car. He threw his bag in the back seat, and took off down the road.

--

He sat on the bar stool, his head pounding from the loud music behind him, his foot tapping away.

"What can I get you?" A man asked, walking up to him. Niall scanned the menu, ready to shout out what he wanted, but he stopped. He frowned, wiping his sweaty palms on his jeans.

"U-um," he stuttered, "I'll just have a water."

The man gave him a weird look, but complied anyway. Niall sipped slowly on his drink, his palms growing sweatier by the second. He needed to get out of here. He quickly stood, leaving a five on the counter and fast walked out of the club, pushing people out of his way as he did. Black dots clouded his vision as he leaned against his car door; trying to calm his breathing.

--

"Ew, Lou, did you fart?" Harry asked, pausing the video game they were playing and covering his nose.

Louis chuckled, "Sorry, pizza does that to me." He watched Harry shake his head, before starting up the game they were playing.

"Where's Ni?" Louis asked.

"The gym, I believe." Harry mumbled, concentrating on the game.

Louis hummed, nodding. "Is Bella asleep? When are you guys going home?"

Harry glanced at him, before shrugging. "Probably soon. He said we could stay as long as we needed, but I don't want to feel like a burden any longer, and Bella is asleep."

Louis nodded, "Im sure he enjoys the company."

Harry chuckled, shaking his head sadly. "He barely talks to me. He's in love with Bella, though. It's so cute, you should see them together. He makes her breakfast every morning, and takes her to the babysitters. It's really sweet."

Louis smiled, nodding along. "Sounds like him. I don't think he's touched alcohol in awhile, either. I'm really proud of him."

--

Niall stumbled into his apartment at one in the morning, heavily wasted. After trying to calm down, he realized he couldn't, so he went back inside and ordered a bunch of shots. He was quick to get drunk, and all he remembered was calling a cab.

He made his way inside the kitchen, dropping pans and plates in the process. "Shit." he cursed, struggling to bend over without falling.

"Niall?" A groggily voice came from the doorway. Niall quickly stood, falling against the counter as he did. "You're drunk." Harry stated, helping Niall stand up.

"N-n-noo." Niall slurred, leaning against Harry for support. Harry stared sadly at him, shaking his head, and carrying him to his bed.

"I'll take the couch tonight." Harry mumbled. He was angry, and upset. He really thought he was going to get better.

The next morning, Harry was awoken by Bella poking him.

"Dada, hungry." she whispered.

"Where's Niall?" Harry asked, picking her up as he stood.

"Sleeping." she whispered in the crook of his neck.

Harry sighed, setting Bella down in a chair, and then began to make pancakes. It wasn't long before Niall stumbled down, placing a kiss on Bella's cheek as he passed her.

"Mm, pancakes. My favorite." He mumbled, licking his lips. He grabbed a plate, and then piled pancakes on his plate.

"Niall, we need to talk." Harry spoke, watching him from the counter.

"You're leaving." Niall stated, seeing their bags by the door. "Why?" he tried to hide the hurt in his voice, but he was sure it shown.

"I..." Harry sighed. "I don't want you near Bella until you get over your drinking habit."

Niall dropped his fork in shock, what? "You're...you're not going to let me see her?" he whispered, his voice cracking. Niall had grown attached to the young girl, and it felt like Harry was breaking his heart all over again.

"Ill get help, I'll stop drinking...Please don't leave." He whispered, begging.

"Until I see progress, then no. I'm sorry." Harry spoke gently. He watched Niall for a second, taking in his face that had tears running down his cheeks. He sighed, quickly picked up Bella and the bags, and left, before he could change his mind.

--

Niall sobbed into his pillow later that evening. He missed Bella, and Harry. He wanted them back. They kept him company, and made him feel better, and safe. Why did he have to get drunk last night? Why couldn't he just gone home? He was an idiot, a big idiot.

He tried to text Harry, but each text was ignored. It made him cry harder. He choked out a sob, his breathing harsh against his throat.

"Please come back...please." he whispered against his pillow, his voice coming out raspy.

He was going to get help, no matter what it took. He needed Harry, and Bella in his life.