Day 5 Hermitine Sr. Angie

25 Jun 2016 6:13:39 AM
Wow, I am already on my fifth day. Time is really running so fast.

I did not really sleep very well. It rained the whole night and the noise from the iron sheets disturbed me a lot. I was just there lying down awake, hearing the also the noise of mosquitos. I slept late already, but then I was awaken again early dawn, for it was still raining.

By 4:00 am, I got up and had my cold bath. Then I washed my clothes so that by 5:00 am, I walked to the chapel. The Hermitines were already praying the rosary. I joined them, then we had the lauds. I decided to stay for another period of personal silence. It is nice to be alone in the chapel by this hour because the mind is still fresh and you can only hear the chirping of birds and the crows of chicken. It is raining again!

11:30am
After our breakfast, I helped again in wrapping for the soap. It was only me and the Hermitine Sr. Angie. We talked very little while doing our work. She shared about her life, her vocation with a Religious congregation, then she left to become a lay missionary in Japan. She had very interesting experience their as a lay missionary.

When she came back after eight years, she started working on her own, selling some cooked food that she had prepared. She is a professional, but she chose a very humble life.

She came to know the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, and after years of discernment, she joined the Hermitines of D'Sanctum. They don't get too much vocation, people come and go, but she remained, calmly doing her tasks. She complained a few times because of her health, went home once to rest, but decided to come back. She said she is very happy here, though tired at times. She has found her own peace and inner joy.

I envy them. Silently, I told myself that I envy their lifestyle, and I am wishing to be one. But I am bound to the Comboni Missionaries of the Heart of Jesus. I professed my vows. There is a long process to be done! In so many ways, I am happy to be in the missions than to be here in the Philippines as a bursar and Administrator. In the mission, I had more time to pray after very tiring works. Day after day here in D'Sanctum, I am reminded that office work is not suited for me anymore. My body complains already of the stress.

4:45 pm
I prepared myself for the mass. I just stayed in the chapel for my personal silence. It requires preparation all the same, whether you are in a big group and with professionals, or in this small group of 4 people, and they require more explanations of the text for they are living in another reality.

8:45 pm
Right after dinner, we were packing the soap again. I managed to pack more than a hundred, which was a little bit faster compared to them. I have gained technique in this work. We were packing while the tv was on, no talking, other glanced at the television once in a while, but doing our personal work.

I asked Kenneth to accompany me in my hut, I was really feeling something. He was also feeling something strange in his hut, like people walking all around the bush at midnight, exactly the same complain of people who have stayed there.

We cleaned the upper room for him to stay, but then he came down saying that he was feeling something different, like he was suffocated and his hair were standing. He moved downstairs and he is at peace by now.