Day 9 Happy in the simplicity of life

29 Jun 2016  9:40:09 AM 
It was such a fresh morning since I woke up.  We had our morning rosary at 5:00am.  This has become part of my system here, and it is very special that I am able to do this in this period of solitude.  Kitchen work, using the firewood is another moment that I enjoyed, especially the preparation of fire.  I love making the fire.  I just miss this way of life.

We ate the remaining food of last night during breakfast, little bit of pancit, dried fish then rice.  So simple, it is just amazing how in this simple way, people find real joy and peace.  If people wouldn't dream of extravagant life, many people would have been living in simple but happy lifestyle. 

Another routine of my day is washing of my dirty clothes every morning.  I tell you, I only have three shirts to change day after day, two shorts and one jean.  I don't have the pressure of what to wear, how they match each other and how I look outside.  Truly, I could live in this lifestyle.

For days now, I have been reflecting what my life would be when I go back to Manila.  I will tell Fr. Miguel the truth- that inasmuch that I love to leave and stay in solitude, I would love more to go back to the mission and work day in day out, and yet, still in silence as i was doing in the past.

The truth is that I would like to end my work as Bursar and Administrator, do what the Father General told me, to join the Comboni Year in Rome, and go for rotation or back to the mission.  I supposed I have rendered a good time in Asia.  Next year will be my fifth year, and the Comboni Year is my sixth, enough to complete my term. 

I don't want some more stress with World Mission Publication.  I have had enough, and it is giving me enough pain.

29 Jun 2016  4:35:41 PM 
We almost finished packing the soap.  Now, they are going to start making new ones. I just worked silently with Sr. Angie and Kenneth.  We spoke very little, happily but also a lot of silence.

I did not have a good siesta.  There were people taking down coconut fruits.  I was so shocked of the sudden noise from the ground, as each coconut fell down from tall trees.  I just got up!  I tried to read something, but I did not have any concentration, so I started painting again.  It is not nice, I am not happy for the result, but I will try to remodel it.

I then stayed in the chapel for my personal silence.  I meditated first the gospel of the day, in preparation for the Holy Mass.  Though they are just four here, I want every mass to be meaningful for them, and I am happy, because they talk about the homily even on the table.

This morning, Sr. Angie asked me while we were wrapping the soap.  'How are you father?  Are you happy here?'  I immediately replied of course!  In fact, it is unbelievable how time flies.  I am already nine days here.  I cherish every minute of being here.  I am enjoying a lot, I rest any time, I work a lot, I pray a lot, laugh a lot, think a lot and many more, which I never did for a long time in Manila.

In my silence, Fr. Gene sent me a text message, asking me how am I here at D'Sanctum.  He invited me to stay also in Lupon, or he will respect my decision if I am very much resolved here in D'Sanctum.  I told him I will just visit Lupon if I have time, and that I am very happy here every single minute.  He was also happy to know that I am very much settled in D'Sanctum.

8:45 pm
There was a strong rain and water was everywhere.  In many parts of the house and kitchen and dinette, there were leakages so we were like wet chicks.  Then electricity when, so there was complete darkness.  We stayed in the dinette for a while but the rain did not stop.

We all then gathered at the receiving room of the house, just chatting. We could not do any wrapping for it was too dark.  We only had a candle, so we decided to pray the rosary.  It was so beautiful!  Candle lit community prayer with different intentions, I felt the impact, the prayer was so solemn.