Day 19 Adoration

8 Jul 2016  6:56:00 AM 
I was feeling a bit of headache as early as 3:00am.  I don't know why.  I didn't bother about it, as it was just so early and nobody's moving around.

I went for our dawn rosary, and then celebrated mass this morning as we have agreed to the adoration to the Blessed Sacrament this evening.  We haven't done any since I arrived.

We had a sharing mass as agreed.  The sharing was a bit bloody, especially when it touched about family life.  Kenneth is now deep in his sharing about family, his reflection and emotion.  I am happy for him.  I told him already about his progress in articulating his thoughts and emotions.  He has improved a lot, very open about life and is digging his family tree as a treasure to work out.  Novella is still very much behind, so childish when she speaks and a lot of actions, which are so irritating.  You see sometimes lack of seriousness, and she is confined to that.  She is not helping herself to progress, she wants things be done in her childish ways.

10:00am
My God, I slept like a baby this morning.  No wonder, because I had a little bit sleepless night.  As if I was dreaming, but could not remember.  I heard that they were working something in the kitchen but my eyes and body were heavy!

I took another bath when I woke up and kept my silence.  More and more I feel at home with my life now in solitude.  I have been receiving a lot of text messages and emails but I never answered even one. 

I stayed in chapel for my remaining time waiting for the midday prayer.  Two friends of the community arrived to give a massage to Novella who is suffering with stomach ache.  This girl is very hard headed.  She was told not to eat mangoes without food. She ate for dinner just mango and breakfast just mango.  She doesn't understand at all and never listen when told on something. What a pity!

8 Jul 2016  3:00:57 PM 
I feel asleep again after lunch.  My God, I have been sleeping a lot the last days, which is really a good sign that my body is recovering.  I am thankful but I feel guilty of laziness.  I feel like lazy really.  I couldn't believe of my sleeping and eating habit this time, even if the food are just to simple and traditional.  Amazing appetite!

9:45 pm
We had a very solemn though very simple adoration.  The silence was superb.  We just stayed completely attuned to the Blessed Sacrament.  Though we do our adoration in Manila, the greatest difference is the silence.  Sometimes, there were a lot of prayers in between.  Fr. Miguel loves to have many things in between, which is also very opposite to me.

I have said many things to God, but I could not remember them.  It was as if I was speaking with God sleeping.  We had conversations, but only my spirit knows.  My physical body did not record them, even my brain.  Strange!  There are times, when I pray, only my soul knows what I am praying.  I do not know if this is normal to anyone, but this is what we call "contemplation."

We continued packing the soap after dinner.  This is not just hora et labora but also recreation, watching television but not talking.  One does his own work silently while watching.