Day 12 Relaxing the mind

2 Jul 2016  8:36:05 AM 
Having the chance to pray very early morning, saying the rosary every day two or three times is surely a great privilege.  I am very happy at this moment.  There is more time for solitude after morning praise while waiting for breakfast.  In this way, the Lord has been truly so generous to my soul.

As part of my daily routine, I wash the clothes after meal, set my bed and clean my room a little bit.  I do some reading or painting or other manual works.  Today, I just stayed in silence, more on personal grooming because I look horrible with mosquito bites and clothes not well dried up. It is smelly!

I stayed in my little hut doing nothing actually than reading, resting my mind, writing and free from any thoughts.  It is nice also to stay in this way at times.  It relaxes the mind and the body, but also gives me a sense of self-pampering.

We went to visit a community of sisters near the school. It is an Italian congregation.  They have a small preparatory school.  They have 11 novices but only one formator, who is functioning for everything.  I was amazed of that.  How could it be possible to be the formator, superior, bursar, administrator of the school and to four orphans who are also staying with them.  She shared that she once joined their contemplative branch, but realized that it was not meant for her. The austere life, the food and the extreme poverty was too hard for her, being a small lady. 

By 10:30, with Bro. El and Kenneth, we went to Panabo.  They have to buy tapes for the soap packing and I had to check something also.  I was tired and hungry for the slow services here.  I wanted to get angry, but I just laughed with my upset emotions.

Coming back, I went straight to the hora et labora, doing silently my packing of the soap.  Since I was just alone, it was more different.  Novella came to help me, and we were still doing in silent.  The two boys arrived and we still worked silently.  Then we had rosary while working, which for me is really something great.

We stopped only for the mass and reflected on the new wine and the new wine skin.  Since it was a sharing mass, we spent more time reflecting.  I am happy now because they are really digging and going deeper in their personal sharing.

9:50 pm
The table sharing is really something that I admire.  Every prayer before meal, we raise our plates and pray and then sing Laudato si Mi Signore!  We always have a very lively sharing at table, with jokes and laughter, teasing and making fun.  I love the atmosphere.

We continued our work after meal.  At times, in really long silence while working.