Day 27 Unlocking my mind in prayer

16 Jul 2016  6:04:38 AM 

I slept very little last night and I woke up so very early.  Anyway, I just got up, prepared myself for the rosary and lauds.

I helped in the kitchen for the breakfast.  Novella was not feeling well.  Sometimes, she is a tricky girl, always finding ways not to do her job.  Sometimes she is making a lot of drama, even on the table.  She likes attention.  This is probably the effect of a very troublesome family, especially that had a painful journey in the family.  She looks for attention and clings for any father figure.  Here, she needs to process her issues little by little and to understand that she is a working student, not a special guest.

11:45am
Great silence in the morning.  I was just trying to polish my evaluation, but every time I read and reread, there are new things coming out.  Well, I have to review well when I go back to Manila.

I just spent my morning in complete solitude, in my hut and in the chapel.  I had more time to think and to empty my mind, especially when I was in the chapel.  Now I almost practice it everyday, not think a lot while praying, but just to be there, to experience nothingness, to feel God's warmth without thinking of anything to the Lord.  I feel very much contented in this way.  I feel Him in nature, in complete silence, in just being there.

3:13 pm
I had a great siesta too.  When I came out, the boys were gathering dried leaves and grasses and made fire to chase away mosquitos.  Kenneth is such hardworking one, he will just do whatever is needed.  I love his initiative.  I helped in the kitchen.  We cooked banana for snacks.

9:20 pm
As I was preparing for our mass at 5:00pm, Fr. Gene arrived.  He invited the community for a dinner outside, "for my stay here in D'Sanctum and as thanksgiving and despida."  I was so touched for his expression.  We had a great time, it was fun and happy family.