Day 21 Maryuma

10 Jul 2016  7:50:41 AM 
It was a very good sleep!  I think I really rested well.  My body clock is still of the past, waking up by 3:50 or 4:00 am.  But as long as I get a good sleep, that matters.  I took bath right right away and went to the chapel for personal prayer. Night was still very dark.

11:50am
The morning was also a time for myself.  I washed my clothes, then personal silence, writing, reflecting, journaling and computed works.  Then I packed my things for we will travel this afternoon to Lupon, Davao Oriental to visit another hermitage, which is being taken cared by Fr. Gene's mother.

Actually, I mostly stayed in my hut the whole morning. But a few things entered in my mind for reflection, especially, what to say when I go back to Manila.

8:45pm
We have arrived Lupon, Davao Oriental.  It is a bit far but very smooth travel.  The place is so nice.  This is the ancestral home of Fr. Gene, which the family donated to the Sanctum.  He has four beautiful huts, transformed the place into a forest.  There is a place for big gathering.  There is the ruins of the old house of the grandfather, which he is preserving and transform it later for another project.

We had a very long talk after, how the Lord called him for a solitary life.  He went out from the congregation for five years and searched his own abode, established the Sanctum.  Never expected the a community would emerge out of it.  He met a lot of persecutions and trials, even from his own congregation and the local priests around.  He just prayed for God's providence and allow him to work and Gene just collaborated.  He is amazing, what he achieved so far is truly a work of the Holy Spirit.  Gene was recalled and reunited to his congregation, as they came to understand his calling.  He was given special previliges, was put in a retreat house of the OMI, and at the same time, survey the movements of D'Sanctum. There are hermitages and the communities are running by now.  There are projects and donations, so that D'Sanctum can continue even with least intervention on his part.

Then we talked about my journey, of which I feel that he is strongly appreciating my journey too.  He understands every little detail of my struggles right now.  I am facing the same struggle as he was facing in the past. He came out very triumphant and people are now appreciating his life very much.