Day 24 Cooking for my community

13 Jul 2016 4:33:17 AM
Woke up so very early. People are still very much asleep, and I am already working. My mind is working, reflecting and writing. I am just thinking that my day is almost over, and I am really sad. I am not that excited to go back to Manila, but I have to. At least by now, I have very clear things in mind on what to say.

8:45 am
Well, doing daily rosary early in the morning is a privilege, and I am grateful to God for that. I am so at home with the timetable, the way we pray the Liturgy of the Hours and other devotions.

We had a very silent breakfast. Kenneth I think was not In good mood, and I never dealt with him anymore. He is such a good person. He is just so moody, I think because of the hard work he is doing in the past days. I am more attached to him and freer to talk with him.

13 Jul 2016 3:15:21 PM
In the morning, I went to Panabo City with Novella. I just wanted to buy another shirt. I guess I have consumed all what I have and I won't have any for the last two days, as I will leave everything in here. Then we went to the market to buy something for lunch.

I prepared Pancit Lomi for lunch, really good for ten people. It is so tasty as I see it, and they liked it too. We had a good time for lunch, more lively and more jokes, opposite this morning.

I had a good siesta too. I guess I was tired because of the travel. It was not far, but the heat was really killing me. I am having a little bit of headaches, since this morning. I am very ok by now, I just needed a good rest I think.

13 Jul 2016 4:43:28 PM
Just prepared for the mass. It will be a sharing mass again, which I always like, especially hearing from their personal reflections. I prepared a theme for today, "gift of faith", which Jesus also tried to emphasized in His prayer to the Father. Faith that has been hidden from the wise and the learned but revealed to the lowly ones and the childlike. Today, we will reflect on the gifts of the Lord in our lives, and how we receive them, how we let them grow (or forget and throw away), and how we share them to others. I will just provoke them so that they will dig deeper on their personal gifts from God. That would be nice to hear.

14 Jul 2016 9:35pm
We had an amazing sharing in the mass. They realized that they have hidden gifts undiscovered or not being realized. Also the gift of person, people and places. What is common in their sharing is the gift of Sanctum, for being brought here and experienced real peace of mind and heart. We are all actually thankful to the Lord for this opportunity of being here. The experience is great, especially the silence and the value of work and prayer.

We still eat the remaining pancit Lomi that I prepared for lunch. It becomes tastier and the soup is really nice. We enjoyed a lot.

In the evening was for entertainment. We were just watching television, nothing especial really. Others were trying to scrape the newly made soap ready for drying and packing.