First Failure - Izuru x Reader

--

First Failure - Izuru x Reader (Reader was the first test subject for the Izuru Kamukura project, but failed basically. She is still herself, and has most of the talents. she failed because she wasn't perfect. they keep her separated from everybody because of it. Izuru finds her one day.)

--

Boring. That's what Y/n would explain her situation right now. She was stuck in a room in the science department. Not many people would come to see her. Tsukimi Mikan was one of the people who'd show up. She always brought food and told her what happened in her old class.

She was once the Ultimate Writer, but after she went through with the experiment, she became the Ultimate Daydream, as she was the failed experiment. They actually succeeded to give her almost all of the talents, but they couldn't compress her personality and old self down. She wasn't what they wanted, but they did succeed. She asked why the titled Ultimate Daydream was her title, and they answered that it was close to Hope, a synonym actually but it wasn't reached. That was a year ago.

She sighed as she looked around her room. She had a computer, gaming consoles, a TV. She had her own bathroom. She wasn't allowed to have anything weapon, like forks and knives, so she couldn't cook or anything. She only received them to eat.

The door opened and Y/n smiled. Tsukimi popped her head in and smiled shyly.

"H-hello Y/n!" Tsukimi opened the door more and allowed her self in, putting the keys back into her pocket. She was holding a tray that had a covered bowl, two dinner rolls, and a cup of milk.

"Hi Mikan!" Y/n smiled and shot up to help her.

"How have you been?" Tsukimi smiled and handed her the tray.

"Its been boring, like always. I wish I could go outside." Y/n sat her food on the table she had near the middle of her room. She sat down and motioned for Tsukimi to sit also
"How have you been, Mikan?"

"O-oh! I forgot to mention a month or two ago, but they finished the final experiment. He worked. I-I'm sorry! I-I met him today." Mikan seemed a bit uncomfortable mentioning him. "B-but Teruteru made the food. I told him I had a friend outside of our class who wanted to try his food, so he let me have a portion. If he didn't I would have given you mine."

"Ahw. Thank you, Mikan! But you should worry about yourself before me." Y/n opened the bowl to see a beef stew and smiled. It smelled good. "But how's my successor? How's he like?"

"He's... A bit creepy. He doesn't show emotion. I-I don't think he has any, Y/n." Tsukimi looked down and Y/n started to eat. "You where supposed to turn out like him. That's what scared me."

"Mikan, I didn't and that's all that matters. And hey, maybe the academy will let me out now." Y/n reached her hand out and sat it over Tsukimi's as she ate. "But how's our class?"

"Pretty much normal..." Tsukimi tilted her head. "Chiaki seemed to be cheering back up from her friend going missing. They're still worried about you. Chisa still hasn't given an explanation for your disappearance. She knows about both of you now."

"Have you met any of the first years?" Y/n ripped one of the rolls in half and handed it to her.

"N-no, but I heard there are weird talents. A gambler, a moral compass, a biker gang leader, another luck, a model, a soldier, a detective, a pop idol. They get weirder each time." Mikan smiled and took a bite of her roll. "The real Ryota got sick again."

"Ah man, again? Tell him I said to get better." Y/n felt happy. She knew she was Tsukimi's current beloved, as she was kind to her caretaker and Tsukimi was at rest around her. She couldn't help but feel something bad was going to happen soon.