The Hospital Days - Child! Souda x Child! Reader

M/n = Mom's Name

A/N = Aunt's Name

F/N = Father's Name

BeBe is their nickname for their Aunt. It's pronounced Beh-beh. It was actually short for Rebecca.

Sorry, the siblings have names already. And the story progresses from the focus being the dad to Y/n and Souda. Everything past the Walmart scene isn't accurate. It's just me getting carried away at that point and how I'd react to the situation.

--

The Hospital Days - Child! Souda x Child! Reader. (This is based off of my childhood. I had a very medically unstable father who had seizures, and generally bad medical issues which he still takes heavy medicines for it still to this day. He'd wake up not remembering us and thinking he was with his first wife. One time he woke up only speaking Spanish and was really scared. One time he broke his right leg and left arm during one, falling out of the bed. And then another one which I had witnessed, the one I'm basing this off of, was probably the worst one. I found him right after he had one, he was in his bedroom and I was in third grade. His right arm was broken and his left leg got paralyzed. He was in a wheelchair for almost seven years of my life, being told he wouldn't ever walk again. Then he could be on forearm crutches and he was on them for 2 years, then had an electric brace for about one year and he can finally walk now. But this is based off of the experience of some of the seizures that I have witnessed before. Most names used in this are actual names. Like BeBe, Sierra, and Jonathon. So please mind this. I'm trying to write a close version of the events that is still connected to me personally.))

--

Y/n was around five when her father had been first hospitalized.

It was an ordinary day in the L/n house. Her mother was working across town for an Airplane company, and her father was at his job, a computer IT company. Y/n and her siblings were being watched by their Aunt that day.

Everything was going well. Her younger brother, Jonathon, was off to the side playing with small plastic cars while Y/n and her older sister, Sierra, were watching a children's show. A friend of Y/n's, Souda, was over also, watching TV with them. The ravenette sat happily besides the h/c-ettes as the children's show played mindlessly. Their Aunt was cooking food in the kitchen when the phone's annoying ringer went off. 

The kids could hear shuffling of dishes before their Aunt's voice filtered through the kitchen and to the nearby living room.

"M/n! Why're you calling? You don't get off work until four. It's only twelve." Their Aunt's carefree voice went unnoticed at first until the next sentence reached the kid's ears.

"F/n's in the hospital?" Their Aunt's voice became worried and Sierra looked over to Y/n and Souda before standing up. 

"Yeah. I'll get the kids. I can tell Souda's parents that he came with us. They shouldn't mind."

Sierra stood up right before their Aunt walked in. Their Aunt sat the phone onto the couch and smiled.

"BeBe! What's wrong with daddy?" Sierra frowned at their Aunt.

"He is sick and got hurt. We have to go see him in the Hospital. He'll be okay though." Their Aunt went and picked up Jonathon, who sat clueless next to his cars. He was too young to fully understand the situation.

"C'mon, Souda." Y/n stood up and wiped her hands on her jean overalls. "Let's go see dad!"

"Okay." Souda took Y/n's hand as she offered it and stood up.

It took them forty minutes to get downtown to the hospital and get up to the room.

It didn't fully hit the young friends and siblings what was truly going on until the hospital trips got frequent and more and more worse. F/n L/n was prone to seizures and wasn't allowed to have a job. They found many other issues that had come along with them, ones that added onto his already prominent issues from his time as a soldier. Stress was one of the main causes of his seizures and the fact that him loosing his well paying job made it worse. Constant arguments between him and Y/n's mother wasn't helping.