Despair Tongues - Fuyuhiko x Reader

--

Despair Tongues - Fuyuhiko x Reader (Follows Tongues by Kopps Bid Data Remix. He's a Despair and Y/n runs into him and goes and confronts him. Her first language is English. She takes medicine for a heart condition that makes her different.))

--

"Pick me up, dust me off. Give me breath, and let me cough. Drag me back, collect my thoughts. I've come back to the land I'd lost"

Y/n stumbled forward as a gun pressed to the back of her skull. She could feel her medicine slowly wear off and she knew it was around two in the afternoon.

The rubble and dust filled streets. The ruined city was mysterious to wander around on your own. But to gunpoint, it wasn't pleasant.

"I need to take my pills." Y/n spoke in her best Japanese voice.

"Are they important?" The man behind her huffed. She heard the other one grunt.

"If you want me to die." She took out a pill bottle that held only two pills, both having to be taken now.

Someone took it and read the double label and he grunted again. It was in English.

"Hurry up." He handed them back and the first guy handed her a water bottle.

She took them and quickly took them. She felt relief from her parched body, and knowing that she'd be good for another couple of hours.

They immediately pushed her up to a building, one she has known for a while, and opened the door, shoving her in.

"The palms are down, I'm welcomed back to town. Sometimes I feel like they don't understand me. I hear their mouths making foreign sounds. Sometimes I think they're all just speaking tongues."

When she was first seen, it was by a handful of teenagers and children. They all looked at her with wide eyes.

"You found her." It was Makoto Naegi.

"It was hard. She had her base hidden in a half destroyed apartment." The first guy spoke and laid a hand onto her shoulder.

"We missed you, Y/n!" Asahina Aoi smiled and walked over. "I don't get why you decided to hole up somewhere instead of joining us."

Before she could reply, an explosion comes from the back of the building. Automatically, everybody scrambled. Y/n ran out of the building, the way she came from. Her feet bringing her across the street. When she flattened against the wall, she realized who bombed the building. The Remnants of Despair. Her old classmates.

Y/n could see Ibuki, Tsukimi, Nekomaru, Pekoyama, and Fuyuhiko scattering from the building. They all seemed to ignore her. All except Fuyuhiko, who turned to stare her down with his single good eye.

Y/n felt terror flood through her when she saw her old friends, people she had been ignoring ever since they got brainwashed. She moved quickly to the alley and sprinted down it.

Y/n could feel her medicine kick back in, forcing her to calm down and be rational. She doubted they'd go specifically after her.

-

She wandered around for hours, trying to find her base again. She walked down the familiar alley she was glad to find again, and smiled as she saw her ruined apartment. But the smile dropped when she felt the true first wave of her medicine wearing off.

She heard rustling behind her and she stopped before turning. Someone stood across from her. Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu.

"Oh. Its you." She felt a bubble of anxiety come up. Bad emotions meant that her medicine was almost gone.