Chapter 1

There's always a new day for some people but not for every people. But it's a new day for Camila. A cuban girl who moved to Canada to continue her life with her family. The reason is that her father have been being moved to Canada for his job so that's why.

"It's gonna be a very long day," she said to her mirror. She's an introvert. She doesn't talk much to new people, especially in a new school. She just doesn't get used to it.

"Baby, are you ready to go to your new school? Come down, get your breakfast darling," her mom yelled from the downstairs.

She was not ready yet for her new school because she already felt comfortable with her old school. She tried to be a confident girl but she always lost. She exhaled and then grabbed her backpack. She went to downstairs to got her breakfast.

After that, she followed her dad to the car and jumped in. First day of school, here we go. She went to a school for music, arts and movie and it's called Ontario Arts School. Camila kept in silent in the car because she worried about her new school. As they arrived, Camila kissed his dad's cheek and then jumped out from the car. She exhaled again and walked in to the building.

She searched the administration's room of the school to find her classes but she couldn't find it.

"You're a new student, right? Your dad called me and I found you! C'mon, let's go to my room," the principal said.

A little bit you know, the principal, Mr. Mendes is Camila's dad old best friend from high school, so it would get easier for Camila in this school.

"So, Camila Cabello, have you looked around in this school?" he asked,

"No, not yet. I'm just not used to it," Camila said.

"Natalie, can you please call my son to come here?" Mr. Mendes asked,

"Sure, Mr. Wait a minute," she said.

Camila just sat down in the couch on principal's room and looked around at Mr. Mendes room. The room looked very tidy and clean.

"Shawn, I've got you a new friend, she is my dad's best friend daughter, her name is Camila Cabello," Mr. Mendes said to his son, Shawn Mendes. He's a basketball captain in his school basketball team and he's very popular in this school. So many girls tried to get close with him but he decided to be single for a long time.

"Hi, Ca-what's your name again?" he said with his gentle voice,

"Camila," she said and they shook their hand. Camila felt so nervous for meeting new people. She's just not used to it.

"Shawn, can you take her to her locker? Here's the code of your locker, Camila," Mr. Mendes said.

"Sure, dad. Bye, love you," Shawn said,

"Love you, kid," Mr. Mendes said.

"Thank you, Mr. Mendes. It was nice to see you," Camila said and then Shawn and Camila got out from the room.

As they got out from the room, Shawn couldn't stop asking Camila why she moved to Canada, who is Camila's favorite singer and stuffs but Camila still kept in silent but she talked a little bit.

"Here you go, here's your locker," Shawn said,

"Thank you, Shawn, it was nice to see you," Camila said,

"Why did you always say 'it was nice to see you'?" Shawn asked,

"I don't know, it stuck in my head, maybe," Camila said as she put her purse and some books in the locker.

"What's your first class today?" Shawn asked,

"Music," she said,

"Are you like for real? Me too! Do you want to get there together?" he offered Camila to walked to their class together,

"Um, sure," she said as she closed her locker.

Camila just made everyone jealous. No girls would walk with Shawn because Shawn didn't want to get close with any girls in the school and it's very surprising for everyone.

Camila felt very uncomfortable because everybody looked at her in a curious way. She asked herself why everyone were looking at her in the hallway. As they arrived in the class, everyone kept looking at her.

She sat down beside Shawn and still made every girls in the room got jealous and whispered to each other. They both didn't talk while Shawn was playing with his phone. A minute after that, the bell was ringing.

"Hey, class. What's up? Everybody's good? I heard we got a new student right here, aye?" the teacher said. Mrs. Roman, the music teacher for their class.

"You? I've never seen you before in this school so you must be the new girl in the school, right? You just made the girls in this school get jealous!" she said,

Camila questioned herself, why did she make everyone jealous of her? She did nothing. She just walked with Shawn in the hallway. Was there anything wrong with her? Or was there something with Shawn?

"What's your name?" Mrs. Roman asked,

"I'm Camila Cabello, you can call me Camila," she said.

"Hey, Camila. I want you to sing in front of us, every song you like or every song you've been hearing all the time," Mrs. Roman said,

She froze. She actually can sing but she was too afraid to sing in front of many people. Again, she's just not used to it.

"C'mon, Camila. Don't waste our time, the clock is ticking," Mrs. Roman said,

"Camila, you don't have to worry. Just pick one of your favorite song then sing it," Shawn whispered to Camila to made sure that she can do it,

She finally stood up from her chair and walked up to the little stage in the class. She picked up the guitar in the corner of the stage and started to play it.

"It's one of my favorite song, it's Gravity from John Mayer," she said and played the intro.

After the song, everyone in the class clapped for her even Mrs. Roman was impressed with her voice.

"Camila, you had a very unique voice, I like your voice," she said and Camila just smiled to her.

"You were amazing up there. You like John Mayer too?" Shawn asked,

"I love him," Camila said,

"Same here. Ed Sheeran and John Mayer are my biggest inspiration in music," he said,

"Cool," Camila said.

Shawn and Camila really got along today. They talked about their favorite musicians, their genres and other music stuffs. Camila started to talk more than before because she finally found a perfect friend for her.

author's note:
HEEEYYYY i'm actually back from the dead lol i'm kidding. as you read the description, this story is inspired by shawn's title song called "Roses" which I've heard it's written for Camila.

Don't forget to comment and vote just as usual ;)

note: 10 votes to the next chapter?? thanks!