Chapter 29

Camila was alone in her apartment, doing her politics class' assignment. She was very focused until she heard her phone was ringing. It was Shawn's mom. What happened to him? Or was she going to tell her that Shawn visited her tonight?

"Camila, I'm sorry to interrupt you but this is an emergency. Shawn had a car accident while he was on his way to home. I really hope you can make it to Canada by tomorrow," Karen said,

"Wait, what? What happ- How could- Oh my God! Okay, okay, I'll make sure that I'll be there tomorrow morning or afternoon, but as soon as possible I'll be there," Camila panicked,

"Thank you so much, call me when you're already arrived," Karen said, then Camila hung up the call.

Camila decided to finish the assignment and get herself focused directly. After she finished it, she tried to find a ticket to Canada for tomorrow morning and thank God, she got a message that there would be no class tomorrow. Camila was on a high pressure, but she tried to calm herself. She found a ticket then she started to pack some stuffs for tomorrow. She just couldn't believe it, she just met him like a week ago and there was something happened to him. She just couldn't sleep until the morning came.

She decided to not sleep and searched any news about car accident in Canada and she found out about Shawn's car accident. She couldn't help it that she let so many tears streamed down on her face. She felt so sorry that she was not there with Shawn. Then, she ordered an Uber to got her to the airport. She waited in the waiting room with so much hesitation in her body. She felt so anxious that she cried again.

A few hours later, she arrived at Canada. Her dad came to the airport to pick her up and he drove her to the hospital. As they arrived, Camila ran into the hospital and asked where is Shawn's room.

"Karen, how is he right now? Is he already okay?" Camila asked as she started to cry,

"He is okay now, he just got done with his knees surgery," Karen said,

"Oh my God, what happened to his knees? Can I come to the room?" Camila asked,

"His knee got stuck in the steering wheel and it broke them and of course, sure," Karen said.

She walked into the room, she started to cry again by looking at his face. She felt so bad about him. She brushed his hair with her hand and whispered, Shawn, I'm here. She kissed his forehead. But then, suddenly, his hand shook a little, Camila decided to call the doctor directly. He finally woke up. Camila held his hand and put it on her cheek.

"Please, don't leave me ever again," Camila sobbed, but Shawn only smiled to her.

"You know I love you right?" she continued and he nodded.

"Mr. Mendes, your progress is really great, tomorrow or later, you have to practice to walk again, you'll do it right?" the doctor asked, he only nodded and smiled.

"Can I help?" Camila asked, "Of course, the nurse will help you too," the doctor said and smiled. Camila smiled back.

Camila helped him with the food and everything he needed for his health. Yeah, she was forcing it. She knew that she loved him so much that he loved her back too.

"Sweetie, I guess you should go home, you also need to take a rest and I see you haven't eat since this morning," Karen said while Camila was watching Shawn sleeping.

"Um, but I don't want to leave him alone," Camila whispered.

"It's alright, sweet. Everything is on me, I will take care of him, sure, he is my son," Karen said,

"Okay then, I'm going home, love you," Camila said to Karen. "Love you too, be careful, honey," Karen replied.

Tomorrow morning, Camila went back to the hospital to keep herself updated on Shawn's progress. She was kinda feeling excited that she could accompany her boyfriend to walk again.

"Okay, easy, easy," Camila said while helping Shawn to walk properly again.

"You sure you can do this, Cam?" Shawn joked, "I'm one hundred percent sure about this, I'm very professional on this," Camila replied.

They both had good laughs even though sometimes Shawn felt so worried about his girlfriend helping him to walk again. A few minutes later, they finally had a break. Also, Shawn needed to get back to sleep after lunch.

"Hey Mila, I love you," Shawn suddenly said, "I love you too, Shawn. Now, you have to go to sleep before I get mad at you because you won't listen to me," Camila said,

"Oooh, that sass. Okay, madam. But promise me that you won't leave until I woke up, okay?" Shawn asked,

"Sure, I am," Camila said and smiled to him. She felt so tired that she fell asleep beside Shawn.

————/————

note: oh! my! god! i know you guys are surprised just like me when i made this chapter! i know what have i done to Shawn? well, just a few more chapters until the end! sure, i am not happy as you are but well the story always have an end, right? and also, i have a surprise for you, very soon. you'll find out ;)