Chapter 12

It was Wednesday night, Camila went to a café with her two best friends. On the other side, Shawn went on a date with Lauren. Shawn was really hoping it would go well and it was. Lauren liked him and they both had a feel for each other. Shawn was very happy.

They talked about bands and good music they were into. They both had such a good time hanging out together. Then, Camila went to a café and she didn't realize if there was Shawn and Lauren inside that café. Marielle and Sandra did. They both realized but they tried to not tell Camila who was ordering the drinks for three of them.

As she turned around after she got the drinks and some bread for them, "Oh my God.." she mouthed and her eyes widened as she found out that Shawn was kissing Lauren and the tray fell over. Coffees and the food and broken glasses were on the floor. Camila was very shocked about that and she ran away from the café. Marielle and Sandra tried to chase her but Camila got a taxi and she went to her house. Marielle and Sandra felt really bad for not telling her if Shawn was there with Lauren. So, Shawn was. He felt bad too even though he knew that Camila was happy about his date. Camila was so shocked. She would be mad at me, Shawn thought.

As she arrived at her house, she found a rose in front of the door. She wiped her tears and she picked up the rose. She stepped into the house and she ran to her bedroom. She placed the rose in the vase and she laid herself in her bed.

She couldn't believe that she cried because of her best friend was kissing someone in front of her face.

Does she like him? No.

Does she jealous of him? Yes.

She cares about Shawn. She only afraid that her best friend would change and one day, he would get hurt by Lauren and she didn't want Shawn to feel that feeling again even though Shawn did. A second later, her phone was beeing. She clicked the lock button and she saw a message notification from Shawn.

Shawn: Hey, I am so sorry. Would you like to meet me back in your house? I can see your bedroom's light is still on.

Camila shook her head. She was disappointed about his best friend. She was jealous, a little bit. She couldn't like her own best friend while he was dating with someone in the school and she got Nick on her side. She decided to turn off all the lamp in her bedroom, making a sign that she didn't want to meet Shawn at all. She was mad. She was really mad at him. She accidentally fell asleep while she was crying.

+

Camila still mad at Shawn. She didn't talk to him in the class or in everywhere. Shawn tried to do everything for her until he forgot that he actually had a girlfriend. Lauren understood Shawn that Camila is his best friend and she didn't want to push Shawn away from his best friend. But somehow, Camila still didn't want to talk with Shawn until the school done. She only talked to Marielle and Sandra and a few students in her class except Shawn.

After school, he went to a book store to buy some novels for Camila so she would forgive him. He really hope that those books would work for her. At night, Shawn came to Camila's house but she pretended that she was sleeping. She really didn't want to meet Shawn today. She was not in a good mood for it. She just wanted to meet Nick to made her feel better.

In the morning, she found out another rose in her desk because her mom found out the rose in front of the house when she got back from work. Her mom asked who was send the roses but nobody knows, including Camila herself. She decided to go take a bath and get ready for school. Two days left until she meet Nick. She was very excited about that because she finally get to meet Nick again after a long ass week.

At school, as she found out Shawn and Lauren were together, Camila looked away instantly to made sure that they both didn't look at Camila but Shawn caught her after Lauren went to her dance class.

"Camila!" Shawn said as he gripped her right arm. Camila was hurt, not in a jealous way. She was very afraid of losing her best friend. She didn't even look at Shawn's face because she didn't want to cry in front of him.

"What, Shawn? What?" Camila said as she looked away from his face. She tried so hard to held her tears but she lose her strength and she cried. That was the first time she cried in front of someone, especially Shawn. "Look at me! Are you crying?" Shawn said as he turned her face to him slowly. Camila was sobbing. She couldn't hold the tears anymore. Shawn hugged her instantly. He loved her so much, he loved her like brother loved his sister.

"Why are you crying? Are you jealous or something? You can get a boyfriend and I can help you with that," Shawn said as he caress her hair and still hugging her. Camila pulled away from the hug and shook her head. She looked down to the floor.

"Shawn, the first time you told me that you were gonna date someone, I was very happy about that. But at the same time, I was so scared of losing you and I don't want to lose you. I don't want to lose you as my best friend. You are so important to me, Mendes. I owe you so much things. You helped me through my anxienty, you helped me when I was sick. I don't want you to be alone too, you can get a date someone you love but I just don't want you to leave me," Camila sobbed as she said those words. Shawn was feeling very bad about her. She thought that Shawn would leave her when he got a date meanwhile Shawn would never to let her go. He lifted her chin and made her face looked at him. He was smiling while Camila was still sobbing.

"You know what? You were like my sister, I will never forget or leave you. I love Lauren as much as I love you. You both are so important to me and remember, you will never lose me as your brother or even as your best friend," he said and he kissed the top of her head. She was relieved then. She already made sure that Shawn would never let her go. "Oh by the way, I bought some novels for you so you can forgive me, they're in my locker but I'll give you on the cafeteria," Shawn said and she smiled and nodded. After a long explanation, they both walked to the music class together.