Chapter 25

A few months later after she was healthy and graduated from high school....

She moved to New York alone because she applied for NYU and she got it. She was very proud on herself but sadly she had to leave Shawn and his family also her family there in Canada. She thanked him and his family for taking care of her family while in Canada also she felt bad to leave her own family but she has to left. A brand new city wasn't easy for her, especially she lived alone in one of famous city in United States. New people and new atmosphere was very rare for her after living for years in Canada with the same people. She also had to leave her best friends but she was really hoping that Sandra and Marielle would visit her when they were on vacation.

"This is going to be your apartment for a few years," the apartment guides told her,

"Thank you very much," Camila said and smiled to her,

She brought her suitcases and some boxes inside to her apartment. Small urban style apartment, that's what she wanted when she lived in NYC and got her own apartment. She called her parents and told them that she arrived safely in NYC and they told her how much they missed her so much already.

Nothing much to do in NYC on her first day, she probably would go around NYC tomorrow after she took her rest, she probably felt so tired for moving into NYC. But when she almost closed her eyes, her phone rang and it was Shawn.

"Hi, Mila. How are you?" Shawn asked,

"I'm good but a little bit tired. You know how's that feel right?" she said,

"Okay, I'll let you to go take a nap," Shawn said and he hung off the phone. She decided to take a nap after that.

-----

She didn't realize it was already night when she woke up and she hadn't bought any food or groceries for her meals. It was 9 p.m. and she really needed to go to the groceries store because she already skipped her lunch and also her dinner. She walked only two blocks away from her apartment. She bought so many groceries and she also bought some snacks and fast foods, like instant ramen or yoghurt, just in case if she needed a midnight snack while doing some assignments.

And then, she went home. It was really windy and cold at night. She opened her apartment door and put some stuffs she bought from the groceries in the dining table. Living alone might be such a pressure for her but it also could be fun. She made her instant ramen just to fill her stomach because she felt really hungry when she woke up. Yes, she was very tired even though it took 1 hour flight from Canada. She checked her phone, 12 missed calls from Mom, 5 missed calls from Shawn and 2 missed calls from Marielle. She missed them a lot so she decided to call her mom while she ate her ramen.

"Hey, Mom. Sorry for not answering your calls, I was so tired, I took a very long nap which I didn't realize it," Camila said as she put her call with her Mom on speaker,

"It's okay, sweetie, I know you needed some rest. So, I've been thinking that we, including three of your best friends which are Shawn, Marielle and Sandra, are going to visit you on your thanksgiving day because I know you probably can't go home, would that be okay?" Mom said and her Mom made her choked by her food,

"Sweetie, are you okay right there? I heard that you are choking," Mom asked,

"Uh, Mom. I am okay and just surprised with your offers, I mean, are they really want to visit me because they have family, Mom!" Camila said after she drank her water,

"They were the one who has planned that," Mom answered,

"Well, it's okay, but I really don't have much room for you guys to stay here in my apartment," she said,

"It's fine, honey. We'll find a hotel for us to stay," Mom said,

"Okay, then. I'll see you on spring break, right? Mom, I'm sorry, I really have to go now, talk to you later, I love you," Camila said,

"Yes, see you on spring break and I love you too, hun," Mom ended the call. Camila sighed as she heard the news. Shawn were really going to NYC to visit her on spring break. Well, it still took a few months until spring break so she could be focus on her uni. She cleaned her dining table and threw away the ramen cup. She watched The Late Late Show with James Corden after she brushed her teeth and washed her face. She couldn't help her eyes anymore, she turned off the TV and go back to sleep.

****

i'm so excited that i really can continue this book! aaahh can't wait to show you guys what will happen until the end of the story, enjoy this part! well, i know, you probably think you will get no more shamila moments since camila had already moved to NYC but don't worry, it will be fine, just keep reading if you want to know what will happen with both of them.

vote and comment will be so much appreciated :) x