Chapter 3

Camila woke up by the birds chirping outside her bedroom. She believed that her day was getting better day by day and a little bit you know, Shawn and Camila just became a best friend. Not because their parents were best friend but because they got in the same sense so they could get along.

She get dressed up after her took a shower. She used a casual outfit just usual and let her hair down into her shoulder. After that, she went downstairs to get her breakfast.

The bus was coming to her home earlier so she was in hurry. She took her breakfast to school because she didn't get time for breakfast.

At school, after she put her books in the locker and she decided to go to her class. She hadn't find Shawn in anywhere at the school. Well, she decided to play the piano while the class was still empty.

....

Turn up the lights in here, baby
Extra bright, I want y'all to see this
Turn up the lights in here, baby
You know what I need, want you to see everything, want you to see all of the lights

....

"Wow, that was an amazing sound, Ms. Cabello," Mrs. Roman stepped into the class with all the students,

"Uh.. thank you," she smiled and Mrs. Roman and the other students gave an applause for her.

"Why?" she confusedly asked,

"Because we can welcome you now to this class. We wanted to find people that really so into music, they can do anything with music, so you finally passed this hidden test and congratulations," Mrs. Roman said and Camila blushed because of the compliment.

And then, the students took their seats and Mrs. Roman started to teach the lesson for the class. Camila was unexpectedly that she was really happy inside herself. No one accepted her back in Cuba, in her school and she just couldn't believe that people actually appreciate her with her own sound in her new school. She thought she already in love with her new school and the vibes.

"Okay, class. That's for today, don't forget to do your little project and remember, sing it with your instruments," Mrs. Roman ended the class after the bell was ringing and the students left the class.

Camila walked to her locker and put some her notebooks there. After that, she went to cafeteria to got her lunch. People were playing their sounds and played the instruments, mostly were guitars. Camila went to the perfect school because it was the very right place for her.

She searched her seat to eat her lunch but then a guy joined her at her table. "Hey, good to see you, here. Like the cafeteria huh?" Shawn said,

"Yeah, I think," she said,

They both ate our lunch before they went to their next classes.

"So, what you gonna sing for your project?" Camila asked,

"I don't know, I haven't think one yet," Shawn said, "You?" he continued,

"Me too, I don't know what song to write or song to pick," she said,

"Have you heard about the big show case?" he asked,

"Hmm, no. Why?" she said,

"You should probably register yourself before it's closed. You had so much confidence inside your body and you have to show yourself," Shawn said,

"I will think about that and thank you," she said.

After lunch, Camila decided to go to her locker first then she went to her next class.

-----

Camila was feeling happy today. She never felt this happy before and she almost exploded inside. She was hesitated because she couldn't decide if she should joined the big show case or not but she really wanted to show herself even though she was scared to sing in front of people.

"You are so smiley today, what happened in school?" her mom asked,

"No, no. Just nothing, I just want to smile," she said,

"Well, okay, if you don't want to tell me, go take a rest, you're tired," her mom said and Camila nodded.

She decided to walk to her bedroom then changed her clothes. She was very tired so she needed to take a nap then.

Shawn was happy to meet a different girl like Camila. For him, she was really different from other girls in his school. She accepted Shawn for being who he is and didn't try to use his fame and Shawn thought it was very cool for him.

Even though he was like that, he was thinking how different Camila from the others, he still couldn't find the girl from him. He still couldn't open his heart from the past. His ex dumped on him and he didn't want it to happen again. So, he couldn't open his heart for anyone. His past was a nightmare for him.

About the project, Shawn had been writing for a long time since he started to play a guitar. Guitar is his favorite instrument to play all the time. He had been writing songs about heartbroken, sad moments and stuffs.

"Shawn, dinner's ready," his dad called him from outside his door,

"Okay, dad," he said.

He stepped out from the bedroom and walked to the dining room and had his dinner with his family.

"So, how was your school today?" his dad asked,

"As usual, it was good," he said,

"I see you and Camila are good friends now,"

"Yeah, she's pretty cool,"

"I haven't see you being friends with girls in school in awhile,"

"She's different, Dad. She's very different from the other girls in school, you know?"

"Yeah, I know, dear," his dad said.

They finished the dinner and Shawn walked to his bedroom after he cleaned up the dishes. He continued to write his songs again even though he couldn't think about the title of the song.

It's almost late at night. The house was already sleeping except for Shawn. He played his guitar slowly so nobody get disturbed. He played until he felt sleepy.