Chapter 2

It had been a week for Camila's family after they moved to Canada. Camila felt very comfortable now with her new school because she get surrounded with people who loves music as she did.

It was Sunday and there was nothing to do for Camila except writing some songs. She liked to write songs about everything. About love, sad moments or anything. She could spend her whole weekend in her room with her guitar and a notebook to write songs.

"Camila, lunch time!" her mom yelled from the dining room. She jumped out from her bed and walked to the downstairs.

"Chicken and rice! Ah, I love it! Good meal, finally," she joked,

"Oh dear, eat your lunch," her dad said.

"I've got a happy news for you, Mila. We are invited to have a dinner with Mendes' family in a restaurant tonight," her dad said.

Camila get choked but she directly drank the water to save herself.

"What, Dad? Tonight?" she asked,

"You've heard me, sweetie," her dad said,

"Ugh, should I really have to join you guys?" Camila said,

"You really should, you've met Mr. Mendes' son, Shawn?" her mom asked,

"Yeah, I've met him. He's nice but I guess, he's so popular in the school," Camila said,

"He probably is. He is the principal's son, sweetie. So, he might be," her dad said.

"After lunch, you have to pick your dress. Make sure it's a formal dress because it's a formal dinner, okay, sweetie?" her mom said,

"Okay, mom," she said and she finished her lunch. After that, she cleaned her dishes and then walked to her bedroom. She laid herself in her bed and looked up to the building. She inhaled and exhaled. After that, she stood up and opened her closet to find something formal to wear for the dinner.

After she kinda messed up her closet, she finally found the dress that she wanted to wear for the dinner tonight. It didn't look so formal but still cute to wear.

After that, she decided to take a quick cold shower to relax her mind

After that, she decided to take a quick cold shower to relax her mind. And then, she dressed up with her natural make up done. She put some perfume on her. She also got her hair into a fishtail braid just to made it simple.

After that, she got her little purse then went to the downstairs to wait for her parents. She wore her sandals while waited for her parents.

"Mila, are you ready?" her dad said,

"Yes, we're going now?" she asked,

"Yeah, darling. Let's go," he said.

Three of them walked to the outside, Camila and her dad jumped to the car while her mom locked the door. After that, she joined them in the car and they were on their way to the restaurant. The restaurant was kinda far from their house so it may took minutes to get there, they hope they got there on time.

Finally, after 30 minutes on the road, they finally arrived at the restaurant. They walked in the restaurant and asked the waitress the table for Mr. Mendes' and Mr. Cabello. They already saw Mendes' family sat in the table and they thanked the waitress.

Camila took a seat beside Shawn and smiled to him. Gladly, he smiled at her back. Shawn is a guy who is very nice and a cool guy for Camila.

"Do you want to go to outside while waiting for the food to come?" Shawn offered her and she nodded.

"Mom, Dad. Camila and I are going outside and we will back in any minutes. No worries," Shawn said and they walked to the outside.

"Hey, no offense but you looked really pretty tonight," Shawn said and he made Camila blushed even though she tried to hide it,

"Thank you," she said.

They sat in the cradle and the breeze touched their faces. They felt the night's breeze and it was kinda windy outside.

"Actually, it was nice to meet you, Camila, you are really talented and fun to talk with," Shawn said,

"Yeah, thank you and me too, Shawn. It was nice to meet you," she said.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Shawn asked as he studied her,

"Ah, never. I think I don't want to have a relationship right now, I'm too afraid," she said,

"Of what?" he asked, "Uh, I don't know, maybe heartbroken?" she said,

"Oh, so you're afraid to get a relationship because you're too afraid of heartbroken?" he said,

"Yeah, might be, I think. I just don't know, I haven't think that way," she said.

"Okay," he said, "How about you?" she said.

"Me too, never had one. Girls in school are just too crazy sometimes, they want me because I'm popular in the school. I really want someone to love me from their very deep heart, not because I'm famous," he explained.

"Sometimes it's hard to be popular in the school, right?" Camila asked,

"It's very tough, you know. They just want to be friends with me so they can be famous too, not because they like me as their friends or because I'm nice to them," Shawn said,

"It's very sad. But, if you want to talk about something or when you're not feeling good, you can text me or call me," she said,

"I don't even have your number," he said and they both laughed.

"Sorry, here's my number," Camila said as she spelled her number to Shawn.

"Thanks for listening, I'm so glad that I found a friend like you," Shawn said,

"I supposed to be one who thanked you. I have never been talking with someone I didn't know like this. You are probably the first one," she said,

"Then, you're welcome. We probably should go back to the table, I think the foods already coming," he said,

"Yeah, we probably should," Camila said and they walked in to the restaurant.

They sat on their seats and had their dinner. It was a very great dinner. Camila loved it very much. Shawn's too. They both talked a lot about their life so they can got to know each other.