Chapter 2

Fifteen minutes after Ally has dragged her into the changing rooms, she was dressed in a dark blue business suit and she thought she's looking quite smart. Ally has got pretty good taste and although the only skirt she has worn since she was a teenager has been with her dress uniform; the one that matches the jacket she's wearing was quite nice, knee length, not too tight... classy.

She took a look in the mirror, checked herself out front, sides and back, adjusted seams and shoulders ensuring everything was just so – she has spent almost all her adult life in uniform and uniforms have to be right or you never hear the end of it so old habits die hard. As she took one last look in the mirror, she was struck by just how professional she actually looked. The suit was similar to her dress uniform in styling and for the first time since the ambush, she felt a little bit more like the old her. She was finally ready to face the world, or at least Dinah Jane Hansen.

Ally has given her a bit of a background on Dinah. It turned out she was wrong. Dinah does know one end of a rifle from the other.

Dinah Jane Hansen, born and raised in Sta. Ana, California, 28 years old; ex-US Ranger, decorated four times in active service. She had served multiple tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan; first, as a sniper then as part of a special protection unit before quitting the military and setting up her own business. She had started small, with a few trusted colleagues like Normani, but she had been successful and now is the owner of what she described on the blurb as a "small but very well respected private security firm".

According to Ally, she only picks the best to work with her. Her staff is comprised of ex-service women. Hence, the name Athena, named after the Greek goddess of War. All of them were from specialist units around the world. Apparently, Dinah takes pride in offering her clients bodyguards who have not only seen combat but have survived it and led their people out of danger. It makes her clients feel secure.

Athena offers a worldwide service covering everything from a bit of personal body guarding for celebrity clients, to combat zone protective duties, like the ones they did in Iraq and Afghanistan. Most of the time, it was personal protection services for businessmen looking to broker deals in the 'newly liberated' societies.

It was all a lot for her to take in. From the sounds of things, Dinah did make her living off everyone else's blood but also knew what it felt like to bleed. That, surprisingly enough, made her feel a whole lot better.

They make their way down into the bar area where a blonde woman with brown eyes and a smirk on her face sat at a table talking to one of the spa's staff. She looked up as she saw them approach and got up to wrap Ally in a hug.

"Ally, babe, you're looking gorgeous as usual."

Ally smiled at her and gave her a hug.

"Oh, thank you, Dinah Jane. You look pretty fine yourself." Ally countered.

"Anyways, this is Lauren Jauregui. Lauren, this is Dinah Jane Hansen." she continued, making the introductions. "Right, I'll leave you two to it as Franco is going to fix this mess on my head." Her hair actually looked stupendous, as it had all day. "Lauren, when you're done, get one of the girls to find me and we'll have a drink before we leave, ok?"

She nodded and watched as Ally bustled away. She and Ally may be polar opposites but she already likes her. She's been nothing but nice since they met. She realized that it had been a long time since anyone had been nice to her.

"Miss Jauregui, can I get you a drink before we start?" the blonde woman faced her, waved over one of the staff and ordered herself a bourbon on the rocks.

"Glass of water, please; preferably sparkling, with a slice of lime if you have it."

Dinah looked at her disappointedly, "Oh come on, Lauren. I can call you Lauren, can't I?" she checked, probably knowing she wouldn't object. "Have a drink with me, live a little, it's all on the company buck, consider it a thank you for agreeing to see me."