Chapter 43

Lauren woke to the sound of running water and singing from the bathroom, her bleary eyes registering that the bed next to her was empty. With a yawn, she rubbed her eyes and pulled back the covers, glancing at the clock as she swung her feet out of bed.

"Eight-thirty," she muttered to herself, half annoyed it was so late, half annoyed that she hadn't got up earlier, despite their two AM bedtime. Feeling a lot stiff and achey, she decided to do some stretching before heading for a shower. She'd been neglecting her exercise and she was feeling it now. They always say it's not the day after that the pain comes, but the morning after that...

How right they were.

She did her neck rolls, wincing slightly at the crunching sounds that were coming from her vertebrae, before stretching out her arms and finally bending over to touch her toes.

It was on her third stretch that she had the shock of her life. She had just straightened, rolled out her shoulders and bent forward again when someone slapped her butt, the sudden feeling of light pain and the sound of the slap hitting her almost simultaneously.

"Do that again and I'll put you over my knee and spank you, Karla Cabello," she said, straightening and rolling her shoulders again before bending over once more, ignoring the stinging in her cheek, challenging her to do it again.

"What if I'd like that?" Camila asked, sounding very perky for someone who was almost comatose last night.

"Then I'd have to tickle you instead," she said, feeling her hand press on the raw skin.

"That wouldn't be nice, Lolo,"

"Neither is slapping my butt, babe," she replied simply, "that stung."

"Well, it was too good an opportunity to resist,"

As she straightened again, Camila wrapped her wet arms around her and pressed her body to her back. "Morning, mi amor," she said, kissing Lauren's tattoo "how are you feeling this morning?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that? You're the one with the hangover,"

"What hangover?" Camila asked, laughing at her, "I don't have a hangover."

"Really?" she asked, surprised, twisting in her arms so she could face her and look into her eyes, "Well, that proves that there really isn't any justice in the world," she told her as she saw the usual bright twinkle in her beautiful brown eyes.

"What does, me not having a hangover?" Camila said burying her face in her chest, her nose twitching.

"Absolutely. You totally deserve a hangover after the amount you drank last night; beer, mojitos not to mention doing shots with Dinah and especially," she said jabbing her playfully in the sides, "as I had to carry you to bed again,"

"Well, at least this time you put me to bed and then joined me," Camila said, biting her gently, reminding her of lighthearted complaint from the morning of their arrival. "So go on then, just how bad was I last night?"

"You don't remember climbing onto the pool table and singing along to 'Friday I'm in love'?"

"I did not climb on the pool table," the brunette said, stepping backwards; her hands moving to Lauren's bare hips, "...did I?"

"No, dear, you didn't, but only because I stopped you. You were belting that song out to me, though... it was quite the serenade, made quite an impact on the guys in the bar,"

"Oh, Jesus, was I that embarrassing?" Camila said flushing attractively, the blush reaching right the way down to her chest. "You can't take me anywhere, can you. I'm so sorry, Lolo. I didn't intend to be a total idiot,"