Chapter 1

•The night of the accident•
(Lauren's point of view)
Today is mine and Lucy's 3 months anniversary, I had everything planned out, I ordered these expensive cup cakes that had candles in each of the cupcakes, happy anniversary is spelled out in chocolate on the side of the plate, after that a nice dinner at claim jumpers, then taking her back to where we first met.

I unlocked her door walking inside, I didn't see her so she must be upstairs, I walked into the bathroom checking myself out in the mirror I fixed my hair, then headed towards the stairs, "babe" I called out walking up the stairs, when I reached the top of the stairs I heard moaning.

"What the fuck" I busted into her bedroom door, there was a girl under the covers going down on her, when I busted through the door the girl fell on the ground, lucky grabbed the sheets wrapping then around her self in it, "what the fuck" I said louder this time, "you're fucking cheating on me", "Lauren?", the girl popped back up from the ground looking at me, "keanna?", "wait you have a girlfriend", "you two know each other".

"You didn't know about me?" Keanna shook her head putting her hands up surrendering, I threw keanna her clothes, I looked back at Lucky with nothing but hurt in my eyes, she just started at me with a stupid look on her face,"you can't even say anything". I scoffed before turning to run out, she chased after me, "baby,wait it's not what it looks like", I turned around to hear what she was about to say next.

"We weren't doing anything babe", I chuckled, "happy anniversary" I said in a shaky voice before slamming the door shut, I walked out to my car hoping inside, I immediately starting hitting the steering wheel tears threatening to fall, i pulled off wanting to get away from this scene, I was racing down the street not knowing where to go or what to do.

I pulled up to this intersection, I was fuming with emotions, I wanted to lay in the street and die, I felt like crying for hours on end, I was so upset, this girl was my rock, she pulled me out of how fucked up my life used to be, the tears were spewing from my eyes at very fast rates, my phone was dinging receiving calls and text messages, her moans replayed in my head as the light turned green, she continued to text me, I grabbed my phone trying to turn on do not disturb.

I didn't see the car coming towards me, it made impact, the next thing I knew m the car was flipping over, the windshield broke send glass all over me, I saw my life flash before my eyes until I hit my head knocking me out. When I woke up there was a blinding light flashed in my eyes, "mam", "mam", "can you hear me?", "can you tell me your name". I was laying on a gurney strapped down with a neck brace around my neck, my ears were ringing loudly and the parametric's voice was fading in out.

My eye lids became heavy as I was being lifted into the ambulance, "hey, stay with me Hun, can you tell me your name?", "Lauren" I managed to grunt out, my legs were killing me, "good,good, my name is Matt", "Lauren I know you're tiered but I need you to stay awake for me can you do that", I was having trouble seeing blood was dripping into my eyes. "It hurts" I cried out to him, "that's good at least you're legs still work", my eyes grew heavy again, "Lauren, stay with me babe" I closed my eyes un able to open them again.

I woke up in a bed with an Iv in my arm and a white thing on my finger, my leg was in a cast laying on a pillow, there was something itchy around my waist, I moved my hand feeling it, it was bandaged thoroughly. The door swung open, in walked my mom and dad, followed by my brother and sister. "Papá " I said excitedly attempting to get up. "No no hija, rest" my dad said stoping me from getting up.

I laid back down, "hey Taylor", "hi Chris", "hey" Taylor said back excitedly, "sup" Chris said never taking his eyes off his phone. "Hi mom" I said with a little hope in my voice. "Hi Lauren" she said a little less enthusiastic, she wasn't very fond of me being gay, maybe because she caught me making out with a super hot chick, I mean I technically wasn't hiding, we were in the kitchen but I also thought no o e was home.