Chapter 9

Lauren's pov
We were driving down to the college when Camilas phone rang "yes babe?", "I'm still on my way too the field", "yea I do" she said continuing her conversation with Dinah.

"I miss you too" she answered dryly. "Okay", "no baby, I miss you so much" she replied like she was scared, "okay, bye".

Camila said handing up with a sigh of relief. "What was that about?", "she said I didn't miss her so I'd have to not miss her sex too".

I chuckled, "whipped like butter". I said laughing. "I'm whipped?, your the meanest person I know but when she comes around you're a orphan" I looked at her, she's a strange child.

I pulled into the field lot getting out of the car, "shit, I am whipped" she said realizing as we walked too the locker room. I chuckled,

"I don't know it's just she's so beautiful, I'm so lucky too have her, she's my everything, when she walks in the room my heart skips a beat, her smile so contagious,

I listen to her gawk about Dinah, we are having the exact same feelings for our girls, there's something about Mani, she's like the cure to my stomped on heart. "Lo, I think I love her"

Camila said seriously as we walked through the door where the rest of the team was, "jauregui" Peterson yelled, I don't know her first name, all the girls crowded around me.

I saw Zendaya in leaning on the row of lockers, she looked happy to see me back, too bad we hate each other, stupid cunt I thought leering at her. The crowd dispersed then I went too my locker.

I was genuinely happy for Camila but terrified for myself, I put my already on life support heart on the line for a girl I had known for five minutes, I bit my lip nervously as I changed, I might love this mani just as much as she loves Dinah.

I changed into my pants then my jersey i put on my socks the clothes lastly grabbing my visor I went to the mirror fixing my hair

I just let it be down since every game and practice we have a group of girls who watch and support us, more like me but it's really sweet and I appreciate it, "pretty boy, let's go" zen said.

I rolled my eyes grabbing my mitt, "fall of the face of the earth" I said when I walked past her, "was that a threat pretty boy?"

I debated it in my head weighing my options, "yea sounds about right" I said as walking to the field, Camila came up beside me, "why do you hate her so much she's not that bad" she said before skipping.

I looked at her in disbelief,"are you fucking skipping right now, I put my hand on her shoulder stopping her motion,

"were supposed to look mean and vicious and your making us look like we love to color and eat lollipops while gossiping about boys".

"Sorry" she said chuckling, we sat in the dugout waiting for practice to begin "nervous about your first date with mani?" I looked at her with a serious face, "it's normani too you".

I said before being cut off my yelling from a distance "hey Lauren" a girl called out from my little fan base, I waved back with a smile her and her friends started jumping around and screaming.

"You have fans already, jealous" Camila said moping, "come on" I said getting up, I walked to the back across from where there sitting, "hey guys" I said resting my foot on the wooden part of the back stop,

"oh my god you're talking to us" one of the girls said freaking out I smiled, "of course I am your guys are amazing" I said.

I looked down running my fingers through my hair before looking back up, "this is Camila cabello, she's new and she nice, she needs love too" the looked at her and she waved,