Chapter 1

A/N: This idea just popped into my head and I want to write it out. I'm going to see how the first chapter goes. If people like I might continue it. Updates might be slow since I'm working on 2 other fics at the moment. LOL

Maya POV

My name is Maya Hart and I live in Austin Texas. I'm 24 years old and share custody of my 6 year old daughter Lucy.  I discovered I was pregnant with Lucy after her father Lucas Friar and I had a fun night at party that we went to in High School. Lucas and I were never in a relationship. We were mostly fuck buddies and that was it. We tried to have a relationship and it just never worked out but Lucy has always come first.  She is the spitting image of me but she's a major daddy's girl.  

It was Friday night and Lucas was due in anytime to pick her up since it was his weekend. I was in the living room doing some work on laptop. I'm a home interior designer who makes a living decorating peoples homes. I've always had a passion for art and knew that this is something I would love doing. I was so enthralled in my work in trying to come up with new design ideas that I hadn't realized the time. Lucy was upstairs watching TV in her room when there was a knock at the door. I picked my laptop up and placed it on the couch beside then went to answer the door. When I opened the door Lucas was standing on the other side and I'm not sure what it was about him tonight but he was looking extremely hot. I have always liked Lucas but we just never tried it again because it didn't work out the first time.

"You look beautiful, Maya." he said causing me to blush. 

"Thanks. I'll go get Lucy." I answered. 

"Maya wait..." he said as he grabbed my hand. 

I turned to look at him and he pulled me back to him. "What?" I said but instead of answering he placed his lips on mine and of course I fell right into that kiss but then it dawned on me that Lucy could walk in and I pulled away. 

"Okay, while I enjoyed that kiss very much don't fucking do it again when she can walk in at any second." I whisper yelled at him. "Besides I thought you had a girlfriend?" 

"You were certainly in no rush to pull away." he retorted and I rolled my eyes at him. "And we broke up. Just wasn't working out." 

"Hopefully you didn't knock her up like you did me." I replied.

"Unlike you she was on the pill so she's definitely not knocked up." he answered. 

"Yeah well with your track record I'd double check on that." I replied and he chuckled. 

I walked upstairs to get Lucy and she was in her room watching TV. I stood there watching her for a second because all I could think about was the kiss I just shared with Lucas.  "Is Daddy here?" she said pulling me out of the trance I was in. 

"Yes, baby he's here. Do you have your bag packed?" I replied. 

"Yep, I do." she said as she picked her bag off her bed and showed me. 

"Lets go, he's waiting for you." I said as I put my hand out. 

Lucy grabbed my hand and together we walked downstairs. She caught sight of Lucas and went running to him. "DADDY" she yelled. She always was excited see him. 

"Hi Munchkin!" he said as he picked her up and held her in is arms. "Are you ready to go?" 

"Can I have ice cream for dinner again?" Lucy said to him and he looked like a deer caught in headlights because he knows he'd been caught. 

"Lucas!' I said to him and he rolled his eyes at me. 

"I told you not to tell, Mommy." he whispered and she grinned at him. "Maya, we ate dinner at my moms that night. I stopped and got her a baby cone at McDonalds on the way home to tide her over." 

"It's fine just don't let it be a regular occurrence. She ate tonight so she can have have an ice cream cone." I replied. 

"Okay, sounds good. I will have her call you before she goes to bed tonight." he said with a smile. 

"Thanks!" I answered. I leaned in and kissed Lucy on the cheek "I love you baby, Have fun at Daddy's this weekend." 

After Lucas and Lucy left I finished up what I was doing on my laptop then got around to FaceTime with my best friend Riley. I called her and she answered on the first couple of rings. 

"Peacehs!" she exclaimed. 

"How you doing honey?" I said with a smile. 

"I'm good! I miss you." she replied. 

"I miss you too." 

"How is Lucy doing?" she asked me. 

"She's good! With her dad tonight." I said with a smile. 

"What is Lucas up to these days?" she asked me. 

"Not too much. He and his girlfriend broke up. He kissed me tonight." I said and she got a shocked expression on her face. 

"What? Maya!" she exclaimed. "Did you kiss him back?" 

"Yes, and before you get any ideas in your head it's not going anywhere." I replied. 

Riley sighed "Maya, you have liked him for so long and its obvious he likes you. Why don't you guys just be together?" 

"Because we tried it once and it didn't work out. I don't want Lucy to get her hopes up and then for us to break up." 

"You need to get past that but I won't harp on you. I miss you." 

"I miss you too. You need to come out and see us." I replied. "Lucy would love it." 

"I know I do. Fakrle and I have been so busy with the company lately. I promise I'll find the time to get out there to see you guys. I'll even bring Farkle with me." 

"Sounds like a plan." I answered with a smile.

Riley and I chatted a little while longer until she had to get going. The rest of the night was snuggling in my bed watching a movie on Netflix. The weekends were so boring without Lily. I was going to have to see if want of my friends wanted to do something tomorrow. Until then I was going to enjoy the night to myself.