Chapter 26

Maya POV

The next morning Lucy came into our bedroom bright and early. It was 5AM to be exact and she was super excited to open all her presents from Santa. I was kind of already awake due to Levi wanting to play soccer in my tummy again. Sometimes he is most active in the morning which makes me wonder how much sleep I will get after he is born. 

"Mommy, Daddy wake up!" Santa came." Lucy said as she jumped up and down excitedly on my bed. 

"Mommy's up. It's Daddy that you got to convince to get up this early. "I chuckled as I looked over at Lucas who was sawing logs as he laid on his back with a pillow covering his face.. 

Lucy crawled up and sat down on Lucas chest.Her feet were on each side of him and she looked so cute sitting there. I couldn't help but chuckle when she pulled the pillow off his face and tossed onto the floor.

"Wake up Daddy. Santa came." Lucy said as Lucas eyes began to flutter.

"What time is it?" Lucas mumbled. 

"It's like 5AM." I said to him. 

"Lucy, go back to bed. We can do them later." Lucas said as he covered his face with his arm. 

"But Daddy there are so many. Nana and Papa are already up they said to come get you and Mommy." she pouted. 

"Luce go back downstairs with Nana and Papa. I'll get Daddy up." I said to her and she grinned. 

Lucy got up off Lucas then crawled over to me placing her arms around me and laying her head across my chest. "Thank you Mommy you're the best." she said before giving me a peck on the lips and taking off downstairs. 

As soon as I knew that Lucy was out of sight I turned to Lucas who had now covered his face with the blankets and was snoring again. He really could act like a child sometimes. I pulled the blankets down off him and looked at him trying to not laugh at how ridiculous he was being. He never resists one of my kisses and I knew it would be sure to wake him. I leaned in and placed my lips on his. I kissed him but he didn't really move. I took my finger and traced along his lips. 

"Lucas, wake up." I whispered as I moved his disheveled hair to the side and then leaned down to kiss him. This time he gave into the kiss and I smiled into his mouth knowing I successfully woke him. He pulled away and I looked down as I smiled at him.

"I'd rather lay here and make out with you." he said causing me to giggle. 

"You're horrible. She's so excited. You can't tell me you didn't have your Mom up at the ass crack to open your presents." 

"I did and now that I'm going through what Mom went through I'm regretting it." he mumbled. 

"You're such a fucking baby. You usually get up in an hour for work anyways." I said with a laugh. 

"Yeah but usually on work nights I'm asleep by 10:00. Someone had me up til after midnight because her pregnancy hormones had her horny again." he replied and I totally busted up laughing. 

"Okay you got me there but I tell you what Levi had me up at 4:30 so we're kind of even." I said and I kissed him softly again. "Lets go so she can open her presents. I'm sure Mom and Shawn will keep her after so we can go nap. 

"Fine." Lucas said in defeat. 

We went downstairs and Lucy was waiting for us in the living room. Lucas went straight for the coffee pot so I told her Daddy was coming and to wait a few minutes. He came out into the living room 5 minutes later. 

"I heard Santa left you some coal, Luce." he said as he sat down beside me on the couch. 

"Well if he did then he got the wrong house because I've been good all year." she said back to him and I started laughing so hard that he glared at me because he knew she trolled him good. 

"She clearly has Maya's quick wit about her." Mom chimed in. 

"That's what I said. I've taught her well." I replied. 

"Poor Lucas is in for it." Shawn chuckled. 

"I sure am. Go ahead and opening them munchkin." he said to Lucy. 

Lucy had lots of fun opening her presents .She was super excited about the silicone baby doll and the all the things that we got her to go with it. We actually were able to get her a crib, high chair, and swing play set as well as some baby clothes for her baby. We also got her a few games, a couple Frozen related items like Elsa's castle, and some new barbie dolls. She was in love. Mom and Shawn got her some new clothes, a couple of DS games since I knew that Lucas parents were getting her one, as well as some nail polish and lip stick that are made specifically for kids. Lucy loves my nail polish and always wants to wear make up even though I don't let her. Mom asked me about this and I told her that it was fine with me but that's all I wanted her to have. Mom and Shawn got me some cute maternity tops which I really did need, they also got Lucas some new clothes too, and she got the baby a few things as well.  Mom said that she'd keep Lucy for us so we could go back to bed for a little bit. I figure later Lucy would need a nap from being up so early. Lucas and I decided to open our presents upstairs together that way it was just an intimate thing between the two of us. 

"Okay so here are your presents. I'm excited for you to see them." I said to him as I sat down on the bed with the presents in my hand. 

"I'm excited to open them." he said before taking the presents and giving me a quick peck on the lips. 

Lucas began to open the presents. I got him some new jeans, shirts, and cowboy boots along with an iPhone that I found on sale. I couldn't pass it up and his was getting out of date so I figured it would be perfect for him. 

"Before you say anything about the phone it was on sale and yours is currently out of date because you are too stubborn to buy a new one." I said. 

"You didn't have to do that but I love it. It's good that I have a new one that way when Levi gets here I'll have something that will take good pictures. I love it and love everything else you got me too. Thank you." he said and kissed me softly. 

Lucas handed me the three gifts that he got me. I opened the small one first and nearly gasped at how beautiful it was. He got me a necklace that had the birth stones of the kids and ourselves on it. I started crying at how beautiful it was because this pregnancy has made me emotional lately. The second thing he got me was a beautiful portrait of Lucy sitting on her horse. I loved it and couldn't wait to put it on the wall here in our new house. The third gift he got me was a thing of art supplies which made me really happy because he knew how much I loved art. I placed the gifts to the side and scooted closer to him so that I could wrap my arms around him. 

"Thank you for the gifts, Huckleberry. I love them." I said as I leaned in and placed my lips on his. 

We made out for a minute and then I pulled a way. He was looking at me with a smile  "I'm glad you like them short stack." he replied. "What do you say we cuddle and take a nap?" 

"I think that sounds good to me." I said as I kissed him once more. 

Christmas morning was great and I wouldn't have changed it for anything. I'm so glad that we were able to spend it together as a family and I'm also so glad that my mom and Shawn were here. As I cuddled into Lucas arms it didn't take me long at all to fall back asleep. I love moments like this.