Chapter 30

A/N: Oh my gosh! There were so many new people commenting on the last chapter. I LOVE it! You guys are the best and I'm glad you like my story so much. Thank you to all that have been reading it. This chapter was much longer(it's over 2K words lmao) than I anticipated but I'm sure you will enjoy it. Let me know what you think! 

Maya POV

Lucy and I took Mom and Shawn to the airport the next day. Mom didn't want to leave because she was worried about me and Lucy but I made her go anyway. I told her I would text her and call her everyday so she knew were fine. I think she was mostly worried about Lucy who has been glued to my side since Lucas left.  It's been 5 days since Lucas has been at his Moms. Lucy didn't want to leave me so Lucas and I felt it would be better for her to have time to adjust. Today I told her we could snuggle in my bed all day and watch movies. She seemed to really like that idea. I put some popcorn in the microwave and we set on our way up to my room. The movie she picked out was "Brave" she Merida was one of her favorite Disney characters. 

Lucy was chewing on some popcorn when she turned to look at me "Mommy why did Daddy have to leave?" she said to me. "Was it my fault?"

I grabbed the remote and paused the movie. I wanted her attention to be on me so she heard all of what I was about to say to her. "Lucy Rae, none of this is your fault. Absolutely none of it. Daddy and Mommy love you very much. Do you remember when you and Mommy lived in the old house and Daddy would come to pick you up for a night or on the weekend?" I asked her. 

"Yes Mommy." she nodded. 

"Okay well the reason that Mommy and Daddy did this was because we tried to live together once before but we realized Daddy should live in his own house. I'm so sorry you are so confused right now. Daddy and I love you so much. We are going to remain friends and we will always be a family." 

"I miss Daddy." she said with a sad look on her face then hugged me. 

"Do you want to go to Grandma's and see him? Mommy can take you if you'd like." I replied as I hugged her tightly. 

Lucy nodded her head as she hugged me then looked up "Please take me Mommy." she said and I hugged her tighter. 

"Lets get around and we'll go see him." I said to her. 

Lucy and I got out of bed and went downstairs so we could go see Lucas. I didn't even text him that we were coming. It took Lucy and I about 10 minutes to get to Lucas parents house. His car was in the driveway so I pulled in behind it. Lucas just happened to be out working in the yard. As I got Lucy out of the car she took off running towards him. 

"DADDY!" she yelled as she ran to him. He looked up from what he was doing and smiled. He started walking towards her and when she got closer he picked her up into his arms. 

"Hello, Munchkin." he said as he picked her up in his arms. 

"She was missing you so I told her I would bring her to see you." I said as I walked up to him. 

Lucy wrapped her arms around Lucas neck and laid her head on his shoulder. I could tell she was so happy to see him. "That's fine. I'm glad you brought her." he said to me. 

"I figured it would be." I replied. 

"Have you been good for Mommy?" Lucas asked has he continued to hold Lucy in his arms. 

Lucy picked up her head off Lucas shoulder and looked at him then she  nodded "Yes, Daddy but I miss you and want you to come home." she said before laying her head back down and tightening her arms around him. I was trying so hard not to cry.