Chapter 21

A/N: Massive fail at the end of last chapter. Was supposed to say that this one was dinner at Lucas parents not Lucas's. 

Maya POV

Lucas and I decided to go over to our new house to check things over. We were there a lot of the day until dinner time. We decided to head on over to his parents house to have dinner and get Lucy. For as long as I could remember his mom Laura always made a fantastic dinner so I was excited about what she was making this time.  When we got there Lucy was playing outside on her swing set. She caught sight of us and came running over. 

"Daddy! What are you doing here?" she said excitedly as he picked her up in his arms like he always does. 

"Came to have dinner Munchkin." he said as he placed a small kiss on her cheek. 

"Hi Mommy. Did you come to get me?" she said as she looked over at me. 

I smiled at her "No, baby. Mommy's having dinner too." I answered. 

"And then we go home without Daddy right?" she said with a sad look. 

"Nah, I think I might bring him with us." I said to her with a smile. 

Lucy's face lit up with a huge smile "Grandma was right!" She said excitedly. 

Lucas and I gave each other questioning looks. "What do you mean Grandma was right?" Lucas asked. He still hadn't put Lucy down yet. 

"I told Grandma I was sad we weren't having a sleep over and she said don't you worry about anything and to let Mommy and Daddy figure things out." she answered. 

"Grandma is right don't worry about anything." Lucas said with a smile. "I know everything is confusing but you are our number one okay?" 

Lucy nodded and wrapped her arms around Lucas neck  "Okay Daddy." she said then laid her head on his shoulder. 

Lucas, Lucy, and I made our way inside and the minute we entered the house the smell of dinner cooking washed over me. Whatever Laura was making smelled so good. 

"Lucas and Maya I'm so glad you are here." Laura greeted as she walked out of the kitchen. 

Lucas put Lucy on the floor "Grandma you were right! We are having a sleep over." she said excitedly. 

"See, sweetie I told you there was nothing to worry about." she said with a smile. 

"Dinner smells good, Mom. What are you making?" Lucas asked as he sat down on the couch. 

"Stuffed chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, and corn. I also made you a chocolate cake." she said with a smile.

"It smells delicious, Laura." I replied. 

"Thanks Maya." she replied with a grin. 

"Grandma can I help you frost the cake?" Lucy asked as she played on the floor with her dolls. 

"You sure can. Come on we'll go do that now." Laura replied. 

"Mom before you go do that I have a question for you. Where is Dad?" Lucas asked. 

"He's off helping Uncle Cletus with something, I'm not sure what they are doing." she chuckled. "He should be home soon." 

Laura and Lucy went off to the kitchen to frost the cake leaving Lucas and I alone. I had to pee so I went off to the bathroom. I was getting done when the door opened and in walked Lucas. He shut it behind him and I looked at him confused as to what he was doing. He walked over to me and pulled me to him. I looked up at him and smiled. He leaned down and kissed me softly then lifted me onto the bathroom counter as we made out. We pulled away both of us breathless.