Chapter 36

A/N: Doing another time jump. This time to around when Levi is due. Also sorry for the TMI at the beginning here but I'm trying to be real about this. We are going to be switching back and forth between POV's for this one.

Maya POV

Today is March 20th which means Levi can come at anytime since my due date is March 24th. Lucy and I were in the kitchen making lunch. We settled on Mac n Cheese and Hot Dogs. I was in the middle of stirring in the ingredients for the mac n cheese when I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. I knew this pain and I knew what was coming next. I had been feeling campy on and off for a week or so after my mucus plug passed  but it wasn't anything major. The contractions were starting to get worse. 

"Mommy are you okay?" Lucy said as she walked over to me. 

"Mommy's fine but I need you to go get Daddy for me." I said as I held onto the counter with my hand placed on my stomach. 

"Okay, Mommy ." Lucy said before taking off out of the kitchen and into the living room where Lucas was. 

Lucas POV

I was sitting in the living room watching one of the March Maddness games when Lucy came running out yelling at my name. 

"Daddy!" Lucy said as she ran up to me. 

"Whats wrong?" I asked her with concern showing her voice. 

"It's Mommy. Something is wrong she needs you in the kitchen." she said and with that I took off running to Maya. 

I took off running into the kitchen to find Maya standing by the kitchen counter with her hand on her stomach. When I looked down I saw it there was water on the ground and that's when I knew her water broke.  

"Oh Shit." I replied. 

"I had a contraction then right after Lucy went to get you my water broke. We need to go." she said to me. 

"Fuck, okay lets get you out to the living room. I've got to get Lucy ready." he said and I could feel myself starting to panic.

I turned the stove off and took everything she was making off of it. I grabbed Maya's hand and helped her into the living room then I ran over to Lucy and picked her up taking her to the door to help her get her shoes. 

"What's wrong Daddy?" Lucy said to me as I was getting her shoes on her. 

"We have to take Mommy to the hospital your brother is coming." I said as i got the other shoe on her. 

I grabbed Lucy's coat and put it on her then together we went out to the car. I got her strapped in and got into the car before pulling out of the driveway to take Maya to the hospital. 

"Daddy?" Lucy said from the backseat. 

"Yes, Lucy?" I said as I left our street. 

"You forgot Mommy." She said and I slammed on the breaks. 

"Fuck." I muttered under my breath so she couldn't hear. 

I did a U-turn in the street and made my way back to the house so that I could go back and get Maya who was probably sitting in the living room pissed off that I left her. Not to mention I was about 5 minutes away before it was realized she wasn't even in the car with me.

Maya POV

I sat here in the living room waiting for Lucas to get Lucy around. I heard the door shut and at that moment ended up having another contraction. Once it passed I got up and walked over to the door to see that Lucas was pulling out of the fucking driveway without me. I grabbed my keys and thought fuck it I'm going to drive myself. I grabbed over night bags and Levi's bag then out the door I went. As I was pulling out of the driveway Lucas was pulling in. He pulled up beside me and I glared at him. 

"Maya what are you doing?" Lucas said after he rolled window down. 

"Driving myself to the hospital since you left me!" I all but yelled. 

"I'm sorry! I panicking!" He said to me and I just got annoyed even more. 

"Over what? Are you forgetting we have an almost 7 year daughter together?" I said to him and he sighed. 

"Get in the car so I can drive you." he replied. 

"Fine!" I said as I pulled the car further up into the driveway. I got out, grabbed the bags form the back and threw them in my side in the backseat of his car slamming the door aftwards. I also slammed it as I got into his car. 

"I'm so sorry, Maya." he said as he pulled out. 

"I can't believe you forgot Mommy I'm glad I told you she wasn't with us." Lucy said and I turned to look at her then back at Lucas. 

"Lucas! Are you kidding me the 6 year old noticed before you did?" I said to him completely exasperated. 

"Okay for one you need to calm down before you end up having this baby in the car." he replied as he turned to look at me as he drove us down the street. 

"How about you watch the road instead of running a fucking red light." I all but yelled at him then a contraction came causing me to cry out in pain.

"Shit!" he said "The hospital is not far from here. We will be here in 10 minutes." he replied. 

"I'm okay now. We'll make it. Just got to be careful getting us there Lucas." I said and I had calmed down from my annoyance now. 

"I will. I love you." he said as he smiled at me. 

"Mommy are you going to be okay?" Lucy asked and I could tell she was worried. 

"Yes, baby I promise, Mommy's going to be fine. You're going to get to meet your brother soon." I replied to her. 

"I can't wait." she answered. 

Lucas got us safely to the hospital and once checked in they wheeled me straight to OB. The nurse hooked me up to everything while Lucas called his mom to come and get Lucy.  Dr. Munson came in 10 minutes later to check how far dilated I was and sure enough I was about 4cm already. After Lucy left Lucas came over and sat down beside me in the bed. 

"You okay?" he said as he took my hand in his. 

"I'm nervous." I replied with a smile. "And I wish my mom was here." 

Lucas leaned his arms onto the railing of the hospital bed and looked down at me with a smile. "Your mom is already on her way here. We were going to surprise you today. She wanted to get here more than a few days before he was due" he answered at me with a smile. "She should be getting here anytime." 

"She is?" I said and I was crying. "What would I ever do without you Lucas?" 

"You don't have to ever worry about that. I'm always going to be here. I love you." he replied as he wiped the tears away. 

"I love you too." I replied. I managed to position myself so that I could kiss him to which he fell right into my kiss. 

Lucas pulled away and looked at me with that beautiful smile of his. "I can't wait to meet our baby. You're going to do great. You did great with Lucy." 

I laughed in between the tears "Yeah, we're having a baby aren't we?"

"We are. He'll be here and in our arms soon." he smiled. 

This was going to be a long day but I couldn't wait for Lucas and I to meet our son. I was excited but also so nervous. Lucas being there by my side made everything better and put me at ease. He was amazing in every sense of the word and I'm so lucky he's mine. 

A/N: I almost teared up while writing the last scene at the end tbh lmao