Chapter 25

Maya POV

I was excited for the Christmas Eve festivities that were going to take place tonight. Being with Lucas and his family was going to help me not be so sad about my mom not being here this year. I missed her so much. Lucy was hanging out with me here in my room while I got ready for the night. I had Lucas keep Lucy yesterday while I did some last minute Christmas shopping. I was mostly done but I wanted to buy a dress for the Christmas eve party that Laura was throwing. I chose a red dress that really accented my growing baby bump. It was cute and I really hoped that Lucas liked it. I bought Lucy some Christmas pajamas. They were adorable in the color of red and white pants with snow flakes on them and the shirt was white with a red font that said Santa's check list on it which said milk, cookies, and presents. They were perfect and matched the cute little Santa hat that I bought her. Once she was dressed she wanted to hang out with me while  I got ready. Once I was done with my hair then I wanted to put my dress on. I put the dress and on and was looking myself over before going out to see what Lucy thought of it. 

"What do you think of dress Luce?" I said as I stepped out of the bathroom and into my bedroom. 

Lucy got up off the bed and she walked over to me. She put her hands on my growing bump. "I love it so much Mommy. You look so pretty." she said as she looked at up at me with a smile. 

"Do you think Daddy will like it?" I asked her. 

Lucy nodded "He will Mommy." 

"Daddy loves it. He thinks you look hot." Lucas said and I didn't realize he was standing in the doorway watching us. 

"What about me Daddy? Do you like my jammy's that Mommy got me?" Lucy said as she ran over to him. 

"You look beautiful munchkin." Lucas replied to her. "I love your jammy's." 

"Thank's Huckleberry. I was hoping you'd like my dress." I said to him. 

Lucas brushed his hand along Lucy's cheek and smiled "Luce why don't you down and get your shoes on since we are leaving soon? Mommy and Daddy will be down in a minute." 

"Okay, Daddy." she said and then took off running out of the room. Once she was out of sight Lucas slowly walked up to me with a questionable look on his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I said as I smiled back at him. 

"Well...he said as he placed his hand on my belly. "I think you look so beautiful. I love this dress on you, Maya. Why would you ever worry that I wouldn't?" 

"Your son has done a number on me. I look like a whale." I chuckled. 

"Maya you are absolutely glowing. You don't look like a whale. I love watching your body change knowing I'm one of the reasons for it." he said as he cupped my cheek with his hand and smiled at me. 

"You're so sweet Huckleberry. You always know how to make me feel loved. I love you." I said to him and he smiled back at me. 

"I love you too." he replied before kissing me. 

Once all of us were ready we headed off to Lucas's mom's house for her party. Lucy was so excited about Santa coming tonight. It was all she was talking about. Lucas's mom had her house decorated so beautifully. We walked into the kitchen where there was food and snacks laid out. Laura had made Christmas cookies and I couldn't help myself and had to dive into one. 

"Maya you look beautiful. Merry Christmas." Laura said as she walked up to me and Lucy as we were snacking on food.

"Thank you, Laura." I said with a smile. "And Merry Christmas to you too."