Chapter 20

A/N: Lucy Friar is iconic in this chapter. Lol

Maya POV

 I hadn't talked to Lucas since he left yesterday. Today I knew that I had to tell Lucy there was going to be no sleep over.  Hannah arrived here at 10AM to drop Lucy off. I was excited to see my baby girl.  After going out to Hanna's car to get Lucy out I thanked her for having her and said Emily would have to come stay sometime. Once she left Lucy and I made our way inside.  

"Is Daddy here?" she said excitedly as we walked into the house. 

"He's not here baby." I said and I knew I was dreading the conversation that I was going to have to have with her. 

"Oh okay. Are we going to his house or is he coming here?" she asked. 

"How about I get you some lunch and then we talk about that in a minute?" I answered. 

"Okay Mommy. I want to have yogurt too." she replied as we walked into the kitchen. 

After making Lucy a grilled cheese sandwich with some vegetables  yogurt to go along with it I placed them  in front of her at the table. Once I got myself a and her a drink I sat down beside so that I could talk to her about me and Lucas. 

"Thanks for lunch Mommy it's so good. So are we going to Daddy's or is going to sleep here with us.?" she asked. 

"Lucy, we're not having a sleep over tonight. I'm not sure when the next one will be." I answered and she got a sad look on her face. 

"Why?" she said as she took a bit of her sandwich. 

"Because Mommy felt that her and Daddy were rushing things a little bit so things are going to go back to how they used to be for awhile." I replied. 

"But I thought you and Daddy loved each other?" she questioned. 

"We do love each other baby." I replied. 

"I thought Daddy bought a house for us?" Lucy asked and I was surprised that she had said that because we hadn't told her. 

"How did you know about the house?" I asked her as I was curious as to how she knew since Lucas and I never told her about it. 

"When Daddy took me to Grandmas the other day I went to play with my doll house in my playroom and Daddy was in the kitchen talking to Grandma about it." she replied. 

Now it all made sense. The little playroom that Lucy has at Lucas moms is a little room that is attached the living room. The kitchen is right there so it would have been fairly easy for her to over hear. 

"So what did Daddy say to Grandma?" I asked her. 

"That he was scared." 

"Do you know why Daddy was scared?" I asked her. 

"Because he loves you but Grandma told him to not be scared." she replied as she took a bite of her yogurt. "Daddy was really excited at first but then he said he was scared." 

When Lucy said that my heart broke that I probably hurt Lucas so much and it made me realize I needed to go talk to him.  The only thing is I didn't want Lucy there when I did so I decided I would call his Mom once she was done eating and see if I could drop her for a bit. 

"Well baby don't worry about anything okay? How would you like to go to Grandma's for a little bit?" I asked her. 

"Yeah!" she said excitedly. 

Lucy always loved going to Lucas's Mom and Dad's house. She always had so much fun there and I think she was attached to her Grandma quite a bit. I called Lucas mom and she said it was fine to bring Lucy over. Once Lucy finished lunch I cleaned up the table and then together we left for his Mom's house. I was only there for a minute or two and once Lucy was out of ear shot Lucas mom told me she was happy I was doing this. I left and set on my way to Lucas house. It was only a 10 minute drive. When I got there I had to let myself in with the key he gave me. It appeared that Lucas wasn't up yet so I made my way upstairs and sure enough he was still sleeping. I opened the drapes in Lucas room so the sun would shine through and then I walked over to the bed and sat beside him so that I could wake him. He actually looked kind of cute sleeping. He was laying on his belly with hands underneath the pillow.