Chapter 38

Maya POV

I'm exhausted but having Levi here is well worth it. He was up every couple of hours for a feeding but Lucas being the amazing Daddy he is would hand Levi to me each time that he needed to be fed. Some of those times I'd just cuddle him and let him sleep with me.  Lucy was going to be here soon to meet her little brother. I was so excited to see her. When Lucas and I talked to her this morning she was so excited about coming to see us. Lucas's mom is usually up fairly early so she texted him at around 6:30 to see if she could stop by to meet Levi. It just so happened that it was a good time since he was up for a feeding. Plus the fact that the farm isn't too far from the hospital. It worked out really well for us because this would give Lucas and I alone time with the two kids so that Lucy could spend time with her brother. I had just got done feeding Levi when Lucas and Lucy arrived. Lucas grabbed Lucy's hand and walked over to the bed. 

"Hi Mommy." she said as Lucas helped her to sit on the bed. 

"Hi baby girl. You want to meet your brother?" I said with a smile. 

"Remember what Daddy told you about being careful." Lucas said as he sat down in the chair that was next to the bed. 

Lucy nodded and then scooted closer to me and leaned onto me placing her head gently on my chest. "He's so cute, Mommy."  she said as she gently rubbed her finger along his little hand.

"He is cute isn't he?" I asked her. 

 Lucy lifted her head up off my chest and looked at me with a smile "Can I hold him Mommy?"  she asked. 

I looked at at Lucas and smiled "What do you think?" I asked him to see what he thought. 

"I think she is old enough." he said to me then looked at Lucy. "Be gentle with him munchkin okay?" 

Lucy nodded "I will Daddy." she replied with a smile. 

Lucas stood up from the chair and helped me get Lucy situated beside me. He took Levi out of my arms and gently handed him to Lucy before giving him a small kiss on the forehead. Lucy took her brother into her arms. I watched as she sat there admiring him. 

"What do you think of him, Munchkin?" Lucas asked with a smile as he sat beside us on the edge of the bed. 

"He's so cute and little." Lucy said with a smile. 

"You're going to be a great big sister baby." I said to her as I looked over at her. 

"Can he sleep with me when he comes home?" Lucy asked and I couldn't help but chuckle. 

"I know you love him but he is a little bit too little for that just yet. But Mommy and Daddy will need your help a lot." I replied. 

"Where will he sleep then?" she curiously asked. 

"He's going to sleep in mine and Mommy's room until he gets a little bigger." Lucas answered. 

"Can I sleep with you too?" she asked. 

"No, you sleep in your own bed." I answered. 

"But that's not fair." she mumbled. "Why can he sleep with you but I can't?" 

"He has to be  close to Mommy for the first few months so that I can feed him when he needs to be fed. He's just a baby. Mommy and Daddy will let you have sleep overs once in awhile okay?" I said to her hoping that this didn't turn into a problem. 

"Yeah Munchkin I know this is hard for you since you aren't used to it but we'll make sure you get to have sleep overs too." Lucas said with a smile.