Chapter 22

Maya POV

Tonight was an open house night at Lucy's school. Lucas and I usually go to these together but tonight was different because I'm pregnant and we were going as a couple. Lucy was so excited to show us all she has been doing in the first grade this year. I picked her up from school and made dinner right after since the Open House started at 6PM. I wanted us both to be fed and showered before Lucas got home from work this way all he wad had to do was wait for him shower himself. Lucy picked out a dress to wear and laid it out on her bed. After she got her bath I helped her get dressed and then we did her hair. I put her blonde hair up in two pigtail like french braids. It looked super cute. Since she was ready I made her come into my room with me so I could pick out a dress. 

"Lucy, Mommy doesn't know what dress to wear." I said as I stood there holding up two different maternity dresses. "Which one do you think is better?" 

"I like this one, Mommy." she said as she pointed to the navy blue dress. 

"I think I agree with you. Do you think Daddy will like it? Your brother is making Mommy look as big as a house." I asked her not sure why I was asking my 6 year old this question. 

"Yes, Mommy. Daddy will love it." she nodded. "He always says that besides me you are the most beautiful girl he has ever seen." 

"Daddy is a keeper isn't he?" I said with a smile. 

"He is Mommy." she said with a smile. 

I put a movie on for Lucy so that she could hang out in my room while I got myself ready. The nice thing about it is that there was a bathroom attached to my room so that way I didn't have to worry about her being alone downstairs. As I was getting out the shower I nearly screamed after being startled by Lucas who was standing in my bathroom naked. 

"You just scared the fuck out of me!" I said in a low whisper. "What are you doing and where is Lucy?" 

"Sorry." he chuckled. "She's out watching the movie you put on for her. Relax I told her to stay out there until you come out." 

I couldn't help but look at Lucas naked body as I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around me "Seriously Huckleberry I can't with you." I said as I looked at him. "Are you just going to fucking stand there or you going to get a shower?" 

"I'd rather stand here and torture the fuck out of you. You're loving what you see." he said with a smirk, 

"I can't help that my pregnancy hormones get the best of me. I blame you for that." I replied. "And yes Lucas I like what I see." 

Lucas chuckled then walked closer to me and closed the gap between us. I looked up at him and he looked down at me and smiled. "You're so cute when you're horny." he said in a low whisper. 

"And you're annoying as fuck right now." I retorted causing him to laugh even more. 

"Mhmm." he said. Lucas cupped my cheek and pulled my face to his. He leaned in and kissed me softly on the lips. Our tongues brushed each others as we got into it a lot more. As much as I wanted to continue this we just couldn't and since it didn't take much for me to get worked up I felt was best to pull away. That was until I felt his hand going up underneath my towel. I grabbed his hand and looked at him with a glare. He just chuckled and pulled his hand away. 

"I love you. We can finish this later." he said before kissing me on the cheek. 

While Lucas showered I got myself around for the open house night. I chose the dress Lucy suggested because I agreed with her I liked the color better. After doing my hair and make up everyone was ready to go. Lucy looked adorable and was so excited. We arrived to the school completely on time.  We went right to Lucy's classroom and she got to show us where she sits and some of the things that she has made at school. As were standing there looking over her things a little boy named Treigh walked over to her. He was adorable and had dirty blonde hair with dark eyes. 

"You look beautiful Lucy." he said to her as he greeted her with a smile. 

"Mommy this is my boyfriend Treigh." Lucy said to me and at this point I had to make sure Lucas didn't have a heart attack. 

I looked over to his reaction and the look on his face made me start laughing. "Nice to meet you Treigh." I said to him. 

"Treigh thisis my Daddy." Lucy said happily as he introduced the two. 

I stood back and watched this interaction. Lucas kneeled to Lucy's level and I could tell he was going to talk to them. 

"What are your intentions with my daughter?" Lucas said I started silently laughing so hard at this conversation. 

"Lucas, they are 6 years old let them be." I chuckled. 

'I don't know what intentions are sir. We just eat at lunch together and share our food with each other." he said proudly. 

"Well Lucy is not allowed to have a boyfriend until she's 30 so how about we just call this little thing a friendship." he said and I started laughing again. 

Treigh's mom came over to me and we started talking "Treigh says he and Lucy are pretty tight. He tells me they share lunches together all the time." Melissa his mom said to me/ 

I chuckled "Yeah Lucy just introduced us to him as her boyfriend. I think her dad almost had a heart attack. Of course he had to talk to them." I chuckled. 

"Oh my goodness." Melissa chuckled "That's too cute. We should get them on on a play date." 

"We should. We will have to plan something." I replied. 

Lucy took us around her room and showed us the things they have made. Lucas and I talked with her teacher who said things are much better now with Lucy and the student that she was having problems with. I was glad to hear that because the last thing I want is for my daughter to be bullied. After that we went to the art room to see some of her art. Her art teach told me she was very impressed with Lucy's artwork. I explaind to her that I love art and from time to time we paint together. Mrs. Kaine said that she felt Lucy had an eye for art and how she thinks its wonderful that I also have one because I can teach her things. After speaking with the art teacher the three of us decided to head home. I put Lucy straight to bed then also got myself around for bed. Lucas had come in to the bedroom when I was standing there looking at my phone. 

"I just wanted to tell you that you looked beautiful tonight." Lucas said as he walked over  to me. 

"Thank you." I said with a blush. I wasn't sure the dress looked right but I went with it anyway." 

"it looked just fine Maya. You're adorable." he said to me.

"i know but I wanted to look good for you as well." I said with a smile. 

"Maya you could never not look bad to me you will always look good no matter what. I love you no mater what you look like." he said and then leaned in and kissed me softly. 

Lucas and I got changed into our PJs then got into bed together. I cuddled into him and he  held me close to him. I loved being in his arms. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep.. As much as I wanted to have fun with Lucas tonight he was going to have to wait until tomorrow.