Chapter 23

A/N: I'm doing a time jump, We are going to jump the week of Christmas which makes Maya at 28 weeks into her pregnancy. 

Maya POV

Lucas, Lucy, and I were finally moved into the new house. Tonight is our first night there. It felt so good to officially be together as a family under one roof. It was a month long process but we successfully got moved in before Christmas which was in 2 days.  I had just put Lucy to bed and was making my way downstairs to join Lucas in the living room area. We were going to watch a Christmas movie.  We settled on Home Alone since its such a classic. We were in the middle of the movie cuddling on the couch when we heard what sounded like someone crying. I looked up to see Lucy standing there. 

"What's wrong baby?" I said with concern in my voice. 

"Can I stay down here with you and Daddy? My room is scary." she sniffled. 

"Come see Daddy." Lucas said as he put his arms out. 

Lucy ran to him, got under the covers and cuddled into him. "I don't want to be in my room." 

"Whats so scary in your room baby?" I asked as Lucas held her. 

"I hear noises. Can I sleep with you and Daddy tonight?" she asked as she continue to cuddle into Lucas. 

"You can sleep with us." Lucas said to her. 

"Lucas!" I said to him. 

"What? It's the first night here in a new house. We need to let her get used to it a little bit." he said and I rolled my eyes. 

"No you just baby her because she has you so wrapped." I chuckled."  Lucy you can sleep with us but this isn't going to happen every night. There is nothing to be scared of in your room. I promise. After tonight you need to sleep in your own bed." 

"Okay, Mommy." she yawned.

We continued the movie since was almost over then went up to bed. Lucy was of course still awake and I couldn't help but be annoyed that Lucas told her she could sleep with us. It had been a few days since we had sex due to all the moving so I was hoping since we were finally moved into night that we could. I guess this is what happens when you have kids. Lucas carried Lucy upstairs with him while I stayed down there to shut some lights off. By the time I got upstairs she was sawing logs and that just annoyed because she would have been fine in her room if we had just made her go back there. I got myself around and Lucas laid there looking at me and I'm sure he probably wondered what I was doing. 

"What are you doing?" Lucas whispered as I walked over to the bed and grabbed my pillows. 

"I'm sleeping on the couch." I answered simply and then took off out of the room. 

I walked downstairs and put my pillows on the couch then grabbed a blanket to cover myself up with. I was cuddled into the blanket crying when I felt someone pull it down off my face. I knew it was Lucas and I knew he was probably really confused. 

"Can you tell me whats wrong?" Lucas said to me. "Did I do something?" 

I looked up at Lucas who was siting on the floor beside the couch with a look of concern on his face, "I don't even want to tell you because you'll laugh." I sniffled and then covered my face with the blanket again.