Chapter 3

Maya POV

Lucy and I decided to take a trip to the local grocery store. She loved to help me shop for groceries. We hit up the fruit and veggie section first. Unlike most kids Lucy loved her fruits and veggies which I love because most kids aren't big on vegetables.  

"Mommy, I want bananas, strawberries,apples, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries." she said excitedly as we walked into the section of the grocery store. 

"Okay we will get one of each then." I said with a smile as I gathered up the fruit she wanted. "What kind of veggies do you want?" 

"Celery, broccoli, cauliflower. and tomatoes!" she said excitedly "I love it when Daddy makes me tomato sandwich with mayo in it." 

"Okay so we will get some of those and we need bread. I think I might get us corn on the cob too." I said as I pushed the cart towards the veggies. 

Lucy and I made our way down each isle and got things we needed. We had stopped in the section where the cake mixes were. I was trying to figure out what kind of desserts I wanted to get us. 

"Daddy!" What are you doing here?" Lucy yelled excitedly. 

I turned around and watched her run towards her dad who picked her up into his arms. I watched as she put her arms around his neck. She was so happy to see him and it was so cute seeing them interact. It actually melted my heart a little bit. 

"What brings you here Huckleberry?" I said as he walked up to me with Lucy in his arms. 

"Mom, wanted me to get her a few things that she needed so I stopped in on my way home from work." he replied. 

"When do I get to see you again, Daddy?" Lucy asked him. 

"Two more days. We're going to go to Jump Party USA remember?" he said with a smile. 

"Oh yeah the trampoline and water park!" Lucy said excitedly. "Mommy you should come with us." 

"Mommy has stuff to do." I replied as I continued looking for what kind of cake box I wanted. 

"Put it off for one night and come with us." Lucas answered and I glared at him. 

"Please, Mommy come with us. I want to show you all the fun things I can do." Lucy begged. 

"Well I guess since Daddy had to go and do that I'm going to have no choice." I answered and he smirked at me. 

Lucas put Lucy back down on the floor and she began to get distracted looking at the cake boxes. I walked over to Lucas and grabbed him by the shirt when she wasn't looking.

"Don't get any ideas in that brain of yours, Huckleberry." I whispered at him and then quickly let him go so Lucy didn't see. 

Lucas grinned "Whatever you say shortstack but you know you can't resist me." he whispered and I ignored him. 

"Lucy tell your Dad bye. We have to continue on our way." I replied and she looked up then walked over to Lucas. 

"Bye Daddy!" she said as she gave him a hug.

"Bye munchkin. I'll see you and Mommy on Wednesday." he replied. 

Lucy turned her head at just the right moment and I quickly turned around and flipped Lucas off. He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes. Lucy and I continue our grocery shopping. Once we were done we headed on home and she helped me bring all the groceries in. By the time we got done it was time for her to get a bath since it was getting close to her bedtime. After getting Lucy out of the bath we went to her room so she could get dressed and pick out a book for me to read her. She was out within minutes of when I started reading to her. I went back downstairs and had just sat down on my bed when there was a knock on my bedroom window. I didn't know who it would be this late or why the hell someone climbed a tree to get to my bedroom window. I was scared and didn't open it but then I got a text and when I looked down at my phone it said it was Lucas and he told me to open the window.

"Why the fuck are you here?" I said to him as I opened the window. "Most importantly why the fuck are you climbing a tree to my bedroom window?"

"Because I wanted to come by. Lucy is sleeping right?" he asked me. 

"Yes, she's asleep."  I said with annoyance in my voice. 

"Are you gong to let me in?" he asked and I rolled my eyes. 

"Honestly, jackass I want nothing more than to push your ass out of that tree but I'm going to be nice because I don't want Lucy to lose her father." I answered and he chuckled.

I stepped aside so Lucas could come in and so he crawled through the window and into my room. 

"Do you mind telling me why you're...." I said but then was cut off when his lips landed on mine and of course I kissed back. 

Lucas pulled away and looked at me "I needed to see you again." he answered. 

"Lucas we can't keep doing this." I replied. 

"You didn't pull away right away. You like kissing me. Don't even deny it. The other night would have never happened if you felt otherwise." 

"Don't even give me that. You know it was the same as it was in high school." I replied. 

"Okay so if its the same as it was for us in high school why can't we do it again?" he answered and I rolled my eyes. 

"Because we have a little girl to think about here. You and I tired to be in a relationship once and it didn't' work out. " I replied. 

Lucas grabbed my cheeks and looked me directly in the eyes before pulling my face to his. His lips landed on mine and I kissed him back because like it or not I wanted to and he was right. 

"Stop worrying so much." he said as he pulled away. "We don't have to be in a relationship but you can't deny the fact that you love kissing me and like to have sex with me." 

"It doesn't go any further than that." I replied to him.

He didn't answer me instead he pulled me to him and kissed me passiontaly on the lips. He smiled into my mouth and backed me towards the bed. I laid down on top of it and he crawled on top of me and kissed me once more.  His lips made a trail on my neck and I sighed at his touch. I couldn't deny the fact that sex with Lucas Friar was amazing and has always been amazing.