Chapter 8

Maya POV

I'm officially 12 weeks into my pregnancy. Today is the day that Lucas and I are going to tell Lucy that she is going to be an older sister. The plan is for Lucas and I to tell her while we take her out for Ice cream. I loaded Lucy up in the car and together we went on our way to meet Lucas at a local Ice Cream shop. They had picnic tables out in the front so we plan to tell her while we are eating. We arrived there and Lucas was already waiting for us in his car. After getting our ice cream we found a picnic table to sit at. The place wasn't packed at all which was good for us. 

"Lucy, Mommy and Daddy have to talk to you about something." I said breaking the silence. 

"What do you want to talk about?" she curiously asked. 

"How would you feel about being a big sister, munchkin?" Lucas asked her as he took a lick of his ice cream cone. 

"I never really thought about it." she replied. 

"Is Cassie having a baby?" she asked and I nearly choked on my cone because Cassie is Lucas ex girlfriend that he recently broke up with. 

"No, Munchkin." Lucas replied. 

Lucy turned to look at me because I was coughing "Are you okay Mommy?" she asked me out of concern. 

"Yes, baby I'm fine." I chuckled. "Cassie's not having a baby. Mommy is." 

Lucy's eyes lit up with excitement "Really?" she said excitedly. 

"Yep. A new baby will be here around March 24th." I said with a smile. 

"But who is the baby's Daddy?" she asked with a confused look. "Is it Josh?" 

"I'm sorry what?" Lucas said giving me a look. 

"No, it's Daddy." I replied. "And Lucas you can relax. He was so long ago. She probably thought of him because I haven't dated anyone else since him." 

"So you and Daddy are having another baby?" she asked me with a big grin. 

"Lets hope." Lucas mumbled and I shot him a look. 

"Yes, me and Daddy are having a baby. You're going to have a new bother or sister soon." I said with a smile. 

"I hope it's a little sister!" she said. 

"We'll find in a couple of months." I said as I kissed her on the cheek. 

"Does this mean you and Daddy are together?" she asked me. 

I looked up at Lucas and he looked at me then back down at Lucy "No, Mommy and I are not together but Daddy will help with the baby just like I help Mommy with you." he answered. 

"Okay." she said. 

After our Ice Cream we took Lucy to the playground. As she was playing Lucas and I sat down on the bench to watch her. 

"Are you sure it's mine?" he asked me in a serious tone. 

"Yes, dumb ass. Josh was so long ago. You have to remember she didn't know anything about us." I replied. 

"So I'm curious who was a better lay?" he said and I rolled my eyes at him. 

"You were by far. He didn't last long and is honestly not even that big. It really sucked." I replied and he chuckled. 

"I am a pretty good size if I do say so myself and I am pretty good at not losing control." he said and I blushed. 

"Yes. And you are also better at pleasing me." I answered.