Chapter 6

Maya POV

Riley and I were on my way to my appointment at the doctor and luckily for me my friend Hannah pulled through and kept Lucy for me. It was nice because Lucy could play with Hanna's daughter Emily. I was a nervous wreck over this appointment which was about to start any second. I even made Riley come into the room with me because I was freaking out so much. However I was brought out of my thoughts when the doctor walked into the room.

"Hi Maya. How are you today?" Dr. Munson asked as she sat down on the school. 

"I've been better." I replied and she chuckled. 

"Well, your labs didn't take long to come back. You are definitely pregnant. Now we have to find out how far along you are." she said to me. 

Dr. Munson grabbed the gel and put it on my stomach and then she grabbed the knob and began to move it around. After a few short seconds the baby's heartbeat began to sound in the room. Riley walked up and stood beside me. 

"I remember when we heard Lucy's heartbeat for the first time." she said with a smile. "You were so scared about everything but then we heard her little heartbeat and your fer went away." 

"Can you believe she is going to be 7 in October?" I said to her. 

"I can't believe it. She's got to stop growing." Riley replied. 

"Okay, Maya based on this sonogram it looks like you're about 7 weeks along which will put you at a due date of March 24th." she said with a smile. "I'll have you back in a few weeks and we'll do more labs. I'm going to prescribe you prenatal vitamins that I want you to take everyday." 

"Thank you for everything, Dr. Munson." I replied. 

Once the doctor left I got myself dressed and went to the check out area to make my next appointment. After everything was set up Riley and I left to pick Lucy up at Hannah's. Lucas was going to be picking her up tonight since it was his weekend with her. 

"Maya what are you so afraid of?" Riley said breaking me of all the thoughts running through my head. 

"His reaction. He's probably going to think I purposely trapped him." I replied. 

Riley chuckled "Maya you are overreacting. I don't think he's going to think that at all. You guys already have Lucy together. Honestly, I think Lucas has always liked you." 

"And I get that but it's different this time. Two kids with him when we aren't even together means more child support. I just don't know how he's going to feel about another kid." I replied. 

"You're going to have to tell him though. There is no way you could possibly keep this from him." 

"I'll just tell him it's someone elses." I answered and she looked at me shocked.

"Maya!" she said to me and I looked at her. 

I rolled my eyes "Relax Riley, I'll probably tell him at some point. Right now I just need time." 

After picking up Lucy the three of us went home. It was a beautiful day out so we decided to do some swimming. I had a really nice pool in my yard.Lucy loved to swim so she was excited to show Aunt Riley what all she could do. I always call her my little fish. As she swam Riley and I took selfies of us in our bikinis. I made us some sandwiches and brought them out to eat while we were outside. Once we finished eating Riley and lounged on the chairs so we could get a tan.  I hadn't even noticed that Lucas had shown up until he Lucy's excitement got my attention. 

"Come swimming with us Daddy!" Lucy said as he picked her up. 

"Not today munchkin, we have to get going in a bit." he said as he walked over to where we were. 

The sight of him made me want to throw up everything I had just ate. Riley must have noticed because she gave me a look. I looked up and smiled at him. 

"What brings you over here so early?" I said to him as he walked over to us and placed Lucy back on the ground.

"Just thought I'd stop in early since I didn't have anything else going on." he replied. 

Lucy got back in the pool since she was ready to swim some more and Lucas walked over to us and stood in front of where we are laying. 

"Wow, Riley I didn't realize you had that nice of a body." Lucas said as he walked over and sat down beside me on one of the lounge chairs. 

"Excuse me?" I said as I looked Lucas. 

"Good to see you too Lucas." she replied. 

"How's Fark? You still with him? If not hit me up." he said and I looked at him like he was crazy. 

"You're such a jackass Lucas." I said to him with annoyance in my voice. 

"Yes, I'm still with Farkle." Riley chuckled. 

"What's the matter Maya you jealous?" he said to me and I rolled my eyes.

"Of course not." I answered. 

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you were." he said to me. 

"Whatever." I replied. 

Lucas got up off the lounge chair and went into the kitchen to grab himself a drink. I turned to look at Riley who was grinning at me. 

"Maya, he was messing with you." she said with a chuckle. 

"He just hit on my best friend. What in the fuck is wrong with him?" I said to her causing her to laugh. 

"He was so trying to make you jealous! He doesn't like me in that way." she laughed "That's why I didn't get offended by it. He's trying to get under your skin and it's working." 

"Fine, I was jealous." I admitted and she grinned at me. 

A few seconds later Lucas came out of the kitchen holding something aside form the Pepsi. As he got closer he sat down on  the lounge chair next to me. I looked at him and realized he had the sonogram in his hand and nearly wanted to puke. 

"Care to explain this to me?" he said as he held up the sonogram in front of my face. 

"Yeah, it's Riley's." I replied without hesitation. 

I looked over at Riley who had an extremely shocked look on her face and then back at Lucas who was looking at me.  I bit my bottom lip and took a sip of the ice tea I was holding. 

"Congrats, Riley." Lucas said with a smile. 

Riley was going to absolutely kill me later and I knew I had a lot of explaining to do. Clearly I wasn't thinking when I blurted that out. He was eventually going to know I lied when a baby shows up in 9 months. I guess I have a lot of time to figure out what I'm going to do.