Chapter 5

Maya POV

Riley was flying into visit today. I couldn't wait to see her since it had been so long. Lucy was so excited to see her Aunt. I got her around for the day then we headed off to the airport to pick up Riles. Her flight was arriving at Noon. I told her we could get lunch after. I had woke up feeling really nauseous and didn't really understand why. I just shrugged it off as being something I had ate. When Lucy and I arrived at the airport Riley had texted me that she was already in baggage claim. After getting Lucy out of the car I grabbed her hand and together we walked into the airport to find Riley. It didn't take us long to get to baggage claim and as soon as Lucy caught sight of Riley she took off running to her. 

"Hey peanut!" Riley greeted as she wrapped her arms around Lucy who was hugging her tightly. 

"Someone is excited to see her Aunt." I chuckled and gave Riley a hug. "How are you doing Riles?" 

"I'm good peaches! I'm so happy to see you." she said excitedly. "We made perfect timing. I already have my bag." 

Lucy, Riley, and I left the airport and went to In and Out Burger for lunch. Whenever she came here it was always our favorite place to eat. I was in the middle of eating my burger when I suddenly felt the urge to throw up. I told her to keep Lucy for me as I ran off to the bathroom and threw up everything I had just ate. When I came back out she looked at me with concern on her face. 

"Are you okay Maya?" she asked me. 

"Did you get sick Mommy?" Lucy asked. 

"I'm fine. My food just didn't sit well with me is all." I answered. "I might be coming down with something. I woke up this morning not feeling to great." 

Riley looked at me like she had something on her mind then she picked up her phone to look at it and then seconds later my phone was alerting me to a text that read:

"Are you sure you aren't pregnant?"

I looked up at her and gave her look then looked back down at my phone and sent a text reply "what?" 

"We're stopping at the drug store on the way home so that you can get a pregnancy test. You told me you and Lucas have been having lots of sex lately. You better rule that out." 

"Fuck. That never crossed my mind. I fucking hope not." I answered her in text. 

After they got done finishing their lunch we left the In and Out Burger then started making our way home. There happened to be a drug store on our way back so I stopped in and got the pregnancy test. It took us about 20 minutes to get home. I put a movie on for Lucy and told her to stay in the living room to watch it. She agreed and then I grabbed Riley's hand and together we ran upstairs so I could take this test. 

"Riley, I'm freaking out." I said as I held the test in my hand awaiting the results. 

"You need to relax." she chuckled. Lets just wait and see what happens." 

We waited 5 minutes for the results and I was so scared to look at them. I just sat there on my Bay Window holding the test in my hand. 

"I can't look." I said to Riley. 

Riley took the test out of my hand and then looked at me "I'll look for you." 

I squinted my eyes shut and waited for her to tell me what the results were. Why did I have a feeling she was right?" "Lets go Riles." I said to her. 

After a few seconds of silence Riley looked over at me "Um, yeah it says your pregnant, peaches." 

I grabbed the test out of her hand to look at it "Fuck, fuck fuck fuck fuck. How could this happen? I thought we were so careful." I rambled. 

"Maya you need to calm down. Everything is going to be fine. You already have one child with him." she said to me. 

"We didn't use a condom the one night. Instead we used the pull out method. That' has to be when it was." I said to her. 

"Things happen, Peaches. I'm telling you that you and Lucas are meant to be together." she replied as she took her hand in mine. 

"We tried it and high school and didn't work out. We tried after Lucy. Why is everything repeating itself?" I answered. 

"I don't know, Maya but you just have to tell him." she said to me. 

"No, he's not going to know and I'm done with this whole sex thing now." I said to her. 

"Maya, you are not going to be able to hide it from him." Riley chuckled. 

"I will figure something out. Come on lets just go down with Lucy so she doesn't get suspicious." 

Riley didn't say anything more so I got up off the Bay Window and we went back downstairs. What in the hell was I thinking for ever starting that kind of relationship with Lucas? Why wasn't I careful enough to make him wear a condom. What am I going to tell Lucy? I sat down down the couch and Riley sat down beside me. Lucy saw us and then she climbed in the middle of us. I held her tightly as she cuddled into me. I had my phone sitting next to me when it alerted to me a text. I looked down and it was from Lucas. 

"Have Riley babysit Lucy and come see me. ;)" - Lucas 

"No. We're done having sex." - I replied back. 

"What? Why?" Lucas asked. 

"We just are. Drop it." I replied back. 

"Okay but I'm confused?" - he answered. 

"I'm not into it anymore." I said back to him. 

That time he didn't reply and I knew it was because I probably hurt him. What in the hell I was going to do?  I know that deep down Riley was right about telling Lucas about this but I just couldn't do it right now. I knew one thing was for certain I needed to get this confirmed by a doctor.