Chapter 37

Maya POV

As the day drug on the closer my contractions got. At around 6PM I was dilated to 8cm. Mom's flight got delayed due to weather and from what Lucas said she had just landed at the airport which meant she'd be on her way here. I just hoped she didn't miss out on the birth of Levi. Lucas has been so good with me all day. He's been so supportive and doing everything he can to make sure I'm okay. 

"It won't be much longer Maya." he said when he noticed I was crying due to the contractions I was having. 

"Thank goodness for the epidural." I cried. 

"I hate seeing you like this. I feel so guilty." he said as he rubbed his hand along my cheek. 

"Don't feel guilty. It's worth it in the end. He's almost here." I replied to him."Although I will say as of right now I'm never having sex with you again." 

Lucas chuckled and pulled my hair out of my face just as another contraction came "You said that almost 7 years ago and look where it got us." he said then kissed me on the cheek. 

"I just want him out of me already." I cried. 

Lucas did what he could to sooth me until the contraction passed. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door. He got up to answer it and it was my mom. I was so happy to see that she was finally here. She walked over to the bed and stood beside me. 

"Hi baby girl. How are you doing?" she said as she leaned down and kissed me on the forehead. 

"I just want him out of me." I said as the tears ran down my face.

"Soon baby girl." she said. 

"I feel like I need to push him out now." I said to him. 

"I'll get the doctor to check on you." Lucas said before leaving the room.

Dr. Munson came into the room with Lucas a minute later to check on me and see if was ready to push yet. Sure enough I was at 10cm and ready to go. I couldn't have been happier. I can't wait to meet my son.  Lucas stood up to the head of the bed as the doctor got everything ready. 

"Okay Maya on 1 2 3 push." Dr Munson said said to me. 

I pushed as best as I could until she told me to stop. After about 3 pushes Lucas looked over the blanket to see if he could see anything then he looked back at me and smiled. 

"I can see his head. He has a head full of dark hair." he said to me. "You're doing great Maya. 

"You can do this baby girl. Almost done." my mom said to me. 

After a few more pushes Dr. Munson said that the baby was starting to crown. I didn't have to push to much longer after that as the cries of my newborn son filled the hospital room. I watched as Dr. Munson lifted him up. Lucas gave me a small kiss on the lips and I did what I could to kiss him back. 

"He's beautiful Maya." Dr Munson said to me. "Lucas would you like to cut the chord?" 

Lucas POV

I watched as Maya delivered our newborn son. The feeling of becoming a father for the second time was no different than how I felt when Lucy was brought into this world. Dr. Munson held up Levi in her arms and asked me to the chord so of course I did that. Levi weighed a whopping 8lbs 6oz and was 21 inches long. Once they got him washed up and wrapped in a blanket they handed him to Maya. He was beautiful and calmed down as soon as they placed him on Mommy's chest. I leaned down and placed a small kiss on his forehead and watched as Maya cried as she took in the sight of our son. 

"He's beautiful." she said and then kissed him on the cheek before looking up at me as the tears streamed down her face. "He looks like you, Lucas." 

"You think so?" I said with a grin. "I'm so proud of you Maya. You did so great." 

"I couldn't have done it without you here." she replied. 

"Baby girl I'm so proud of you. You know I wouldn't miss this for the world. He's beautiful. I see both of you him. He has your nose I think." Katy said as she placed her finger on his cheek. 

Maya looked up at me and smiled, "It's your turn to hold him Daddy." she said as she placed another small kiss on his cheek. 

I gently took Levi out of Maya's arms and held him close to me. He was so tiny and precious. This brought me back to the day Lucy was born and I started to tear up just thinking about it. 

"Hello baby boy, it's Daddy. Welcome to the world. Mommy and I are so happy you are finally here with us." I said and then kissed him on the forehead. "Your big sister is excited to meet you too."

"When I see you with our kids it makes me weak." Maya said and I couldn't help but chuckle. 

I walked over and sat beside Maya on the bed. "We have done good Maya. I couldn't imagine having a family with anyone else." I said and then leaned into kiss her softly.

After they finished everything with Maya and got her cleaned up we were taken to a room in OB so that Maya could get settled. They wanted her to start feeding him and of course she is going to breast feed him just like she did Lucy.  I loved to watch Maya feed our son. She was such a wonderful mother and I'm so glad she is mine. After Levi fed for a little bit Katy got to hold him and of course she cried. She didn't stay too long after that because Maya was so exhausted. Once we were all settled for the night in Maya's room the three of us took a nap until Levi woke up wanting to be fed. It was going to be long nights but we wouldn't change it for the world. Tomorrow Lucy gets to meet her little brother for the first time. I missed my little munchkin and couldn't wait to see her tomorrow.  I was looking forward to seeing her reaction. Until then it was time to get some rest while we can.