Chapter 5: I'll Be There For You

Mirasol was skeptical.

She was casually at home, as usual, on her laptop until the night comes. Before she knew it, her sister had arrived home with her favorites from the Azalea's, a slice of cheesecake and taro milk tea. Whenever Jovelyn decides to treat her with her favorite sweets, there's usually something she needed to talk about that the food would lessen the blow.

However, this didn't stop Mira from taking a sip of the drink and taking a good bite of the cake. The younger twin sighed in delight as she took her time savoring the sweets. She'd never turn away her favorite dessert with a nice refreshing drink to accompany it. She just loved how it tasted together, it really did make supposed dilemmas much better to bare.

"Yah, just tell me what's up. I know the cheesecake is to accommodate something," Mira muttered, cheeks full of the cake, to her sister across the table from her. "Did your manager cut your pay? Have you not been getting modeling offers lately?"

"Nah, none of that," Jovelyn replied with a shake of her head. She leaned against her propped up hand, staring intently at her sister. "This is about you."

"About me?" Mira gulped down on the cheesecake and took a slurp of her tea. She hummed in delight at the taste. "Wow, this was made perfectly today!"

"Ha, I did learn from the best after all." Jovelyn, smiling warmly at her sister, slid over a bag of the shop's ingredients. "I brought some stuff for you to brew at home for when I'm away." Eyes sparkled with joy as Mira took the bag. She peeked inside, shifting over the variety of herbs, leaves, and fruits that she can fuse and combine for a possible new flavor. She'll definitely have to experiment tomorrow. "But anyway, I heard you've been going down to the lobby late at night again."

Mirasol halted with her actions as her focus drifted back to her twin. "Who the hell told you that?"

"Sehun did."

"Sehun?" The younger twin sputtered. "Oh Sehun? Our next door neighbor, Oh Sehun?"

"The one and only handsome Oh Sehun."

With a roll of her eyes, Mirasol went back to stuffing her face with cheesecake. "Wow, you sure do work fast if you're already having casual conversations about me to him."

"Sorry, Mira, but he's the one that brought it up." Mirasol scoffed at this, since why on earth would the man bring up such a thing to her sister? "Don't tell me you're having those dreams again."

Mirasol glanced down at her milk tea, kind of sheepish at the topic. "No..."

"You are!" Jovelyn scooted her chair closer to her sister, the worry back on her face. "Why aren't you telling me these things? Are you taking those pills again at night? You know what those pills do to you."

"LynLyn, I swear I haven't. I only been taking them in the mornings," Mirasol reassured her. But suddenly, her appetite was gone. She never liked bringing up the topic of her condition, it always felt like someone was squeezing at her heart. "I don't know why those nightmares popped up again but I'm sure they'll go away."

"Yeah, hopefully." Jovelyn grinned, leaning onto her sister with affection. "How about we stay up a bit late since I don't have work tomorrow? Have you been keeping up with School 2017?"

Mirasol perked up at the sudden idea. "I haven't, I've been waiting for you to watch it with. Marathon it?"

"Of course, let's do it!"

The younger grinned from ear to ear at the suggestion. At least, with the two of them up majority of the night, that could mean a lesser chance of having those nightmares.

Or so she thought.