Chapter 17: Break Off

"Congratulations, you're the new face Bravad-Oh's--Oh wait, I guess I can't really say new in this sense."

After an hour or so of posing, Mirasol was dragged into a meeting room with Sehun, Luhan, and Tao. Not once did she think she would hear such bullshitery. She blinked up at the three, as if she had misheard what Luhan had just said. "Um, excuse me?" She murmured out, her eyebrows furrowed together. "I must've heard wrong--"

"No, you heard right," Sehun interjected. "Mirasol, we want you to be the main representative for our shop."

At this, the girl couldn't help but slam her hands down onto the table. This was ridiculous beyond belief. She wasn't anything, she was no one. Why pick the unsociable, frumpy girl with no aspirations in life as the face of a store with high reputation?!

"You guys are crazy," Mirasol huffed out, eyes drifting over each one. Luhan held a very joyous expression on his face, like he had just won lottery. Tao looked very content with how things were, nodding along to every word the other two sprouted. Then there was Sehun, as stoic as ever, staring her down with this intense gaze, more serious than he ever was. "I'm not qualified!"

"We don't care about that," the Oh Corp heir replied. "We run a smaller business of a big business. Our Bravad-Oh is under my care so it's however I want to run it. If I want to hire an unqualified person, then I will do so if it will benefit me." There was a sliver of a smile, one that ran chills down the woman's spine. "Today was our experiment of whether you're the one we want, and so, congrats, you are what we want."

Just hearing his statement made this whole thing more surreal. And that didn't sit well with Mira. "Yeah, okay, but who said I was going to go along with it? This is my sister's big break and you're asking me to take it away from her!"

"What's the difference? Would you like it if we double the pay?"

Double the pay?

If he were to do that, her and Jovelyn would be finally set to live comfortably. She could finally stop taking art commissions that she was never passionate about, only taking it to get barely by with their financials.

But why did it have to be through this way?

"I refuse," Mira sternly uttered, arms crossed. "I'm not going to steal away Jovelyn's job."

Sehun stood up from his chair, taking steps closer to the girl. "Well, granted, you're not stealing. We're shifting it over to you, since Jovelyn doesn't fit what we want here. We fired her already--"

"You fired her already?!" Mira glowered ferociously at the heir, her fists balled up, ready to go.

"Yup, so it's your choice now, you take the job from your sister with doubled pay, or we give it to someone else. As far as I know, working at that tea shop isn't much to pay for everything, right?"

And just to think, he was kind before. Maybe he only put up such a facade in front of Jovelyn so to play his words right, to make sure everything goes the way it does in the least messiest way. A fire burned within Mira just imagining it all. It was no wonder Jovelyn had come home moody last night.

"I think what you should do now is discuss this matter with your sister. If she wants, we'll still give her last paycheck, but from then on, she won't be part of our team anymore." An annoying smirk crossed his face. Mira's fists tightened at the sight of it, she would just love to smack that off him. "You should choose wisely."

"Wow, you really are an asshole, Oh Sehun," Mira spat out with utmost hatred. "Do you think that because you're a wealthy heir to a big company gives you the right to be playing us around like that?" Just for a split second, she swore she saw him frown a bit at her harsh words, jaw clenched. But she rejected that idea and spat out, "If you continue on acting like that, then you're going to end up alone."

Head tilted, Sehun only replied with, "Are you declining my offer right now?"

"Are you serious right now?" She was not going to take this any longer. Everything just continued to sound like utter insanity to her ears. With one last sigh, she tore herself away from the conversation and stormed out of the room... and out of the building.

Sehun stood there, lips pursed at the new dilemma in hand.

"Well, you handled that fantastically," Tao chimed with the sarcasm dripping at every word, slowly clapping for his friend. "Now the model we want would never join us. And we're screwed."

"Mmm, yeah, that was a bit harsh," Luhan agreed, his gaze now full of disappointment over how that chat concluded. "Bro, you should go apologize."

The youngest of the three scoffed. "Why should I apologize? Weren't the words I said true?"

"Um, but still... We don't have time to find another model," Luhan pointed out. "And if we did postpone our work to find one, it would put a strain on us and the shop. Plus, our business might be in trouble if we switch out so suddenly. Everyone is already taking a liking to Mira... so does your dad."

Sehun crossed his arms, his eyes drifting over to the door Mira had just left from. "Don't worry too much. They'll crack eventually."

With that he left the meeting room as well.

And when he did, his once concrete expression broke, a prominent frown on his chiseled face.

"If you continue on acting like that, then you're going to end up alone."

End up alone.

He already knew he was an asshole, but why did those words have to affect him so much? He was already over it, it has been a year since then. He was over her, he was positive of that.

But it still left a sour taste in his mouth when Mirasol said it.

He stopped by a wall and laid his back against it, truly taking a breath and letting today's events flash through his brain. Closing his eyes, he let out an irritated sigh, "Fine, I was a bit mean... how am I to make it up to them somehow?"