Chapter 16: Sinking Further In

If Mirasol thought that she'd be randomly caught over something weeks ago, caught for pretending to be her sister and modeling for a very prestigious clothing line, she would have had some reluctance to accepting. But with Oh Corporation's heir standing just outside her apartment door, flat out telling her that he had known about the plan since her arriving to their studio, guilt and worry swelled up in her heart.

Sehun had told her that she would have to come with him to the photography studio, so they can discuss the matter properly. And what else would she to do? Of course she would have to tag along with the tall man. She would do anything to help Jovelyn.

So, that was why she had easily returned to the studio now as herself, Choi Mirasol.

Two other men, Luhan and Tao, stood before her with unreadable expressions. Their judgment in their eyes made Mirasol incredibly uncomfortable. Just what they could be thinking about, the young woman had no clue.

Plucking up her courage, she murmured to the three men with a 90 degree bow, "I apologize for pretending to be my sister that one time. I meant no harm in doing so, but only just because my sister had been sick at that time. I hope that you don't resent her for doing that."

The three exchanged glances, which only deepened her uneasiness. "Can I offer you anything to make up for it? Jovelyn said I could make some really good tea and baked goods, maybe I can make some for the crew for consolation? I really am sorry..." Mira's stomach dropped as a thought came to mind. "This wasn't illegal to do, was it? Right?"

Ugh, it probably was.

Finally, one of them finally responded. "Mirasol-sshi, there's only one way to help us out in this kind of situation," Luhan told her, his warm, pretty smile making her feel a bit more at ease. He always was the nicer one... "Why don't you come along with me and we can discuss more about it?"

Without reluctance, Mira followed after the Chinese man, right into the hallways and reaching to one door, a familiar door. "Luhan-sshi, this is the dressing room, isn't it?"

"It is, I'm glad you noticed." He ushered for her to enter the room. "We need you to model for us today."

It was like she was slammed into a brick wall.

"Huh? Model?" Mirasol sputtered out in confusion. "But my sister is your model, why on earth would you want me to model for you?"

"Mirasol-sshi, we don't have too much time so it would be good we talk more about this after you get dressed."

It all seemed too ridiculous. Mira wasn't even sure why she complied so well, dressing into fashionable clothes, her face caked with makeup, and her hair styled with utmost perfection. As she walked back into the main area, she stormed straight to Sehun, she absolutely needs an answer for this all. Did he not drag her here to settle this thing? Why would she have to model when Jovelyn's the model?

"Looks just like Jovelyn yesterday," Sehun uttered with a pleased nod.

"Oh Sehun, I deserve to know some things here. Why am I modeling today? I'm no where near to being a professional."

"Well, you faired just fine when you modeled in your sister's place weeks ago," he shot back, his gaze narrowed. "Just think of this as an experiment. On how you do today would depend your sister's fate, so I recommend you do well."

Mirasol groaned, "This is a bit ridiculous, isn't it?"

"You may think so, but this is very crucial to us." Suddenly, he had grabbed onto her shoulders, turning her around, and began pushing her towards the set. "Also, some respect would be nice around here, Mirasol, I am the boss of everyone, after all."

Hah, did I really think he was such a decent guy before?

What was I thinking?

"Wow, fine. Fine. I'm only complying for Jovelyn." At least she knew a little bit on how to model now, scrounging up all her experience over that one measly day of modeling. Mira will do her best to not worry her sister.

She will be the best model she can be.

But only if she knew what that meant for Jovelyn. And only if she knew about the delightful conversation she had yesterday with Sehun. If only Jovelyn even talked to Mirasol for the rest of that night, rather than brood away to her bed and ignore her completely.

Mira would know that what she did was not what she would've wanted.

And with the hard work she put in today for the sake of her sister, it was made official.

Choi Mirasol was the perfect model Sehun was looking for to represent his shop without a doubt.