Chapter 7: Laundry Day

Music blasted loudly into her ears.

The basket she carried was full of soiled clothes.

And on her way down to the laundry room on the first floor, she hummed along to the Wanna One album downloaded onto her phone.

However, Mirasol was in the middle of wanting to sleep the rest of the day away and just staying up. Restless but not sleepy. Needless to say, this occurrence comes way too many times for Mirasol's liking because of her recurring nightmares. But, she'll have to bare it as usual.

It was nothing new.

The young girl greeted her neighbors respectfully as she entered the building's laundromat. She went about her business; adding her clothes, soap, and fabric softener into the washer. Afterwards, Mira plopped down onto the chair just in front of her chosen washer and sat there, eyelids fluttering closed and her mind running with ideas for her recent art commissions. She only had to do a couple more then she would be done for this limited set, until she'll have to open up requests again.

Not even five minutes later, she heard a thud and a strenuous groan loud enough to hear through her earphones. She opened one eye to check what it was.

It was at the next row of washers, she could see a few other people watching too. An elderly man, who Mira knew well as Mister Ahn, bowed his head repeatedly, sputtering out a throng of apologies.

Emerging from behind the washers, stood up Oh Sehun with a very furious expression etched on his face. Mira froze. She could feel the rage all the way from where she sat.

"Yah! Why didn't you wipe up the soap off the floor?!" Sehun shouted. The intensity of his voice sent shivers down the young woman's spine. "Look at the mess you made, didn't you think that people would pass through here, huh, hal-abeoji?"

"I-I promise that I was about to. I really was," Mister Ahn mumbled out, continuing to bow apologetically to Sehun.

The younger male clicked his tongue, his hand at his sore hip. "What if I broke a bone? Or what if I have a concussion? What are you going to do then?" Mister Ahn shrunk back from the jabs, speechless.

Mirasol abruptly stood up, her own anger flaring through her entire body. It was fine if Sehun yelled at her for such absurd things, but yelling at Mister Ahn, the kind old man who would occasionally cook dishes for her and her sister when they lack financially, was taking it too far.

She let out a huff and stomped over to where the men stood. She stepped in between the two, making sure to shield Mister Ahn behind her. "What's wrong with you?!" She barked at Sehun. She did her best to be somewhat threatening, fists tight at her sides and her face scrunched into a scowl. "What are you doing yelling at your elders? Where's your manners?"

Sehun's head tilted at the sight of the girl, his eyes narrowed in annoyance at her sudden appearance. "Jovelyn-- Wait, no. Mirasol."

"Ah, you're finally able to tell me and my sister apart, huh?"

"Yeah, I can tell because you're the asshole out of the two," Sehun snapped back. "I'm quite surprised that you actually have a voice to use. Is this the first time you've talked back to someone in such a way?"

The insult was a big blow, and Mira could only feel the rage boiling more within her. No way she was going to let Oh Sehun get the last word in this. She has had enough. "Excuse me, the asshole here is you. Mister Ahn made a mistake but it is also your fault for falling on your crusty butt since you obviously were not looking where you were walking. It's always a precaution to watch where you walk in here," Mira shot back, arms crossed over her chest. "You should apologize!"

"What do I got to apologize for, huh? I wasn't the one who spilled soap on the floor!"

"Yeah, but you shouldn't be crying like a child whose toy gotten taken away, you brat."

Sehun rolled his eyes. He plucked up what Mira could only guess was his own basket of clothes. "Whatever! I'll just do my damn laundry later. I'm starting to get sick of your face." With his belongings, the pissed-off male left the laundry room. The moment he was out of sight, a huge wave of relief and triumph washed over the young lass, and she internally congratulated herself for surviving that chaos.

"Thank you so much, Mira," Mister Ahn mumbled out in a meek tone once the pompous heir was gone.

Mirasol turned around to smile at the old man. "It's no problem, hal-abeoji. He's quite a mad man, ain't he?"

"He is, um, a bit overwhelming, yes."

"Don't you worry, Hal-abeoji. From now on, if he bothers you, let me or my sister know, alright?"

Mister Ahn returned the smile, nodding in response to the suggestion.

Well, to say the least, Mirasol was wide awake now. The energy of rage like an adrenaline shot into her bloodstream. She couldn't even believe this was the man her sister was drooling after, Jovelyn seriously should open her eyes more to see that awful personality. Actually, just thinking of that horrid man only fueled her to punch a wall.

She was officially done with wealthy, arrogant heir, Oh Sehun.