Chapter 30: I Cracked

"Wah, Jovelyn-ah, the view outside is so wonderful!"

The ship had left the dock. While they weren't so far from the coast, the way that their scenery was mostly of the vast waters, it gave such a calming effect. Currently, Isabelle and Mirasol were walking around the ship exploring, and they came across a hallway of wide, long windows, perfect to gaze out at the seas.

Mirasol nodded, agreeing to the nice view.

Her headache didn't seem too bad now, but she was getting a bit queasy from the initial sea sickness. 

"It's already the afternoon, are you getting hungry, Jovelyn-ah?" Isabelle asked. She clapped her hands together as a thought came to her. "There's just so much to do here! The pool room looks surprisingly nice! And then the deck has some activities to do. We can eat then go to those? Or maybe we can do the activities and eat later?"

Mirasol had to admit, she really enjoyed that she wasn't the only person experiencing the company trip for the first time.

"I'm feeling a bit weird right now, so I don't know if I can eat yet," she admitted to the designer.

Isabelle gaped and she stopped in her tracks to look for something in her purse. From there, she took out a small box. "Sea sickness pills! You should've taken some before the ship moved. Have you been feeling bad this whole time?" Isabelle went ahead to pop out one pill for Mira, and handed it to her. "Go ahead and take it."

She really is something...

Mira gave an appreciative grin before taking the pill.

With that, Isabelle suggested that they go to the top deck of the ship and see the sports area they could possibly go to. Top floor, actually out in the sunlight, there was a good few of people playing around. There was a basketball court, an open area with table tennis and billiards, as well as an area for people to play actual tennis. Inside, the two women already spotted familiar people.

"It has been a while since we played together, son."

"Doesn't mean I lost my touch though."

"You shouldn't! You learned from the best after all."

Mirasol and Isabelle watched through the metal fence to the tennis court. CEO Hyunmin and son Sehun were getting ready to play a singles match of tennis. To the side, they could see Luhan and Tao there as well, anticipating the game. However, before they could start, Tao noticed the ladies.

"Oh, Isabelle, Jovelyn, hello!" The photographer called out to the two and waved.

This caused the other three men to turn their focus on the girls as well. "Ladies, hello! Come on in!" Hyunmin chimed, motioning for them to enter the court. Both Isabelle and Mirasol shuffled in just as the CEO said and joined the side with Luhan and Tao. "Omo, I just remembered, Jovelyn-sshi, you play tennis, right?"

The question caught the girl off guard, but she meekly nodded in reply. Isabelle gaped at the information. "Oh, really? You and Sehun should go against each other. He's a pretty decent player back in school—" The Brazilian woman seemed to have noticed how weird it was to confess that, but she gave an innocent smile nonetheless. "Anyway, I'm very curious to see how you'll do."

"I am too!" Hyunmin agreed as he walked over to the group. He held out the tennis racquet towards her. "Would you like to play, Jovelyn? Even just one set, if you like?"

Mirasol stared at the racquet, as memories of her college years started flowing back in her mind. She bit down on her lip as she debated whether she'd try out the sport she once used to love.