Chapter 37: Push and Pull

A couple months have passed.

Mirasol was in a mindless state... or rather a mind-full state. Ever since she finally admitted herself to the psychiatric hospital to take care of her, as they have professionally called it, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Mira had felt out of place. She felt proud of herself for finally taking that push to bring herself here.

It had been hard for her to have searched for her older cousin's contact information. It didn't really take that much longer when she remembered what company Minseok worked in. Once she did and connected it to the office room he should be in, she introduced herself and asked for him.

The voice at the other end wasn't initially him, but whoever that person may be, he had recognized her name.

"Choi Mirasol? As in, Mira?"

"Yes, how do you know me?..."

"Minseok-hyung will be so happy to hear from you! Do you know that he had been trying to search for you this entire time? For like, what, TWO years!"

Mira had to admit. She was overwhelmed with guilt. When dear sister had control in that time period, she had changed every contact. The moment she moved to Korea, Jovelyn made sure to get a new phone with a new number, changed their email addresses, and ditched all social media accounts Mira once had. And even now, if Mirasol were to look at her own Korean identification card, the first name was Jovelyn.

She doesn't remember much but Jovelyn had gone great lengths to change her identity.

She doesn't even want to imagine how sickeningly worried her parents back in the Philippines must be when they realized they lost all contact of their only daughter.

But now she was ashamed.

Ashamed as a daughter, and as a part of the family. How could she even allow herself in front of her parents when being with Minseok and her other cousin was already painful enough.

But even as much damage she caused, they had welcomed her with open arms, as if she hadn't been missing for nearly two years.

"Mira-yah!" The called-out girl peered up. She was currently waiting for her meeting with her assigned psychiatrist in the lobby, after Minseok had dropped her off before leaving for work. She smiled warmly at the woman in the white, doctor's coat approaching her with unknown items in her hands.

"Minhae-unnie."

Her other cousin, Kim Minhae, quickly sat down in the empty spot next to her. The older cooed at her in greeting and set down the things she brought on the small table in front of them. It looked to be a small slice of cheesecake from the bakery nearby and a cup of tea.

"I just thought you'd want something nice before you go into your appointment today," Minhae chimed, as she handed the half-filipino with the tea. "I'm pretty sure the tea is no where near as amazing as yours, but it's still pretty good."

Mira cautiously put the cup to her lips and took a small sip. The flavor was quite enchanting, but it was, indeed, missing that oomph that it could have had. It was still quite delicious though. "Thank you, unnie."

"Of course, anything for my pretty Mira!"

The two women sat for a while chatting as Mira ate her small dessert. The topic ranged from how Mira was a model for a short amount of time to how her and her husband, Jongdae, had been. And even small things. Like how Minhae had saw a cute dog earlier today and had asked to pet it. It was nice talking to someone so familiar and close to her again.

"Ah, unnie, shouldn't you be working?" Mirasol brought up the moment she finished her cheesecake and tea.

Minhae checked the watch on her wrist and she gave a small shrug. "I still have a little bit more time. So tell me... I haven't had the chance to ask about the boyfriend."