Chapter 32: I'll Hold On To You

"You are so obvious, Oh Sehun."

Sehun had turned his head to glance at Isabelle, who stood beside him. They were waiting for their lamb chops to be finished cooking in the ship's well-kept cafeteria. He shot her a look, both as if to ask to clarify what she meant and as to why she spoke in English to him.

"You being in love with Jovelyn, of course. I can see it in your eyes." She gave him a warm smile, her eyes trained onto the empty plate in her hands. "It makes me... relieved. You don't have to believe me but I really did hate myself for a long while for choosing my dream over you, Sehun. You deserve someone who would love you unconditionally, selflessly. I know I was the bitch."

Sehun's gaze dropped too, memories of their break-up unraveling in his mind.

He remembered her saying that he should find someone better back then too. He didn't think it was possible. He didn't want to believe he would trust someone so deeply and fall in love again.

But then Mirasol appeared.

Unexpectedly and unwillingly.

"I know it's still hard for us to see each other, but I really do hope you all the happiness and success you deserve. If only my parents could have realized how amazing you'd be in the future." Isabelle let out a sigh, a solemn expression crossing her face. "I'll admit, I really did come to your company hoping that you were still single. But after seeing Jovelyn with you... I knew that she was perfect for you from the get go. She's a loyal one, that one. She's really nice. I'm just... sorry. I don't really know what I was planning to do after being chosen to be a featured designer for your company, it really was on impulse."

"Do you even love Gregory?" Sehun asked back in English.

"To some extent, yes. As to why it wasn't hard to come to the decision of marrying him." She turned her gaze back on Sehun. "Being the children of influential business men really is a hard and caging life. So, if we can all have one thing to hold on to, or more, we need to hold on to it tightly."

"I guess you're right."

"So, please, don't ever let go a girl like Jovelyn. She's a good one, I know it."

"I know it, too."

Isabelle gave him a pat on the shoulder. "I really do think you should confess to her soon, Sehun. It should just be the two of you."

The sudden suggestion caught the man off guard, and his cheeks flushed a deep red. Upon seeing it, Isabelle raised a brow. "Wait, were you already planning something with her?"

Earlier the day, as he and Mira were still on the drive over to the cruise ship, their conversation had fallen into movies. For Mira, she had brought up that she always wanted to watch Train to Busan, but never gotten the chance to watch it.

It was then Sehun sprouted the idea that they can screen the movie on the ship movie theater, since he had access to it as the CEO's son. Their only limitation was that they were only free to do that around midnight, when most the crew were gone.

Mira really wanted them to do it.

"Ah, cliche, using a scary movie for a first date! Are you planning on confessing to her then?"

Sehun pursed his lips at this, really liking the idea to do so. He wanted to do it for a while now. "Possibly."

"Then I wish you all the best, Oh Sehun!" The Brazilian woman gave a wistful smile, genuinely proud of Sehun's words. He truly have moved on and she's happy for him. "Do you think I can invite you, Jovelyn, and the others to our wedding? Or would that be pushing it?"