Chapter 40: One Year Later

"Vice President Oh, here's the documents you wanted."

"Vice President Oh? That sounds so weird still."

"Well, it is what you are."

"Luhan-hyung, please."

Can Oh Sehun imagine that his father and the corporate leaders would promote him to being vice president of Oh Corporation in just a year? No, not really. He still didn't think he'd be worthy of such a high position so soon.

But ever since Sehun had done so, success rates of the corporation had increased ever so slightly. It was clearly a beneficial choice to give the VP position to him after he had shown his worth with his store.

The way the young man had stepped up and taken charge of his projects and his duties, it was far impressive. Definitely to father, CEO Oh Hyunmin. He had watched his son come back from America an immature, pouting kid into someone who he could be comfortable leaving the company to.

That was the kind of man Oh Sehun had become.

"By the way, Vice President Oh, you have that meeting later in the afternoon with that Garfunkel Co. person," Luhan continued on, adjusting his glasses so to read off the planner in his hands. "And possibly get that partnership your dad always wanted."

Sehun sighed at this. "You know, their company isn't even bringing anyone higher, just a managing director, and someone young at that! So what am I really supposed to do with them? Win them over when we're not even the same rank?"

"Hey now, don't be like that!" Luhan nagged him with a shake of his head. "Your dad has been wanting to partner with Garfunkel Co. for a long time. If we become partners, we'd really be able to expand much more than imagined, you know this."

"I know. I just wish they could trust me more. I feel they only sent their managing director because I'm this young," Sehun replied. "They could have had their vice president meet me too, right?"

"I'm sure they have their own reasons, Sehun-ah."

"I guess. It just hurts my pride." Sehun glanced at the pile of papers that started to accumulate on his desk. "Alright, well, I'll just try to continue the paperwork before that meeting."

"Okay, just remember to leave early. It might take you an hour to meet him in that one cafe."

"Right."

.  .  .

Sehun did all that he could. He did his best to finish the paperwork that was due soon and got himself ready to leave for the meeting with the Garfunkel Co. director. He drove out to the cafe just fine with little traffic. He parked the car in the small parking lot adjacent to the cafe and quickly entered.

Instantly, he was surprised by the modern yet cheery ambience the interior had. The cafe was also two stories, with a balcony railing that people could sit at and enjoy their drinks outside. With all the hues of pastels and painted cute bear mascots supposedly dancing on the walls, it gave off a feeling that this place was made for younger people.

And for some reason, it reminded him so much of—

"Oh Sehun!"

The very man craned his head towards the owner of the faintly familiar voice. His eyes land on one man sitting just at the corner of the cafe. He was waving enthusiastically at him, his smile wide and genuine.

"Long time, no see!"

With wide eyes, Sehun strode over to the very man who had stood up to hug him in greeting. "Oh, Johnny!" They shared a short, yet warm hug before separating. Sehun stared at his American friend in surprise.