Chapter 28: What a Pain

A/n: Let's just pretend Irene is our girl, Mira~ Okay? Okay!

Mirasol's eyes were wide with wonder.

She wasn't sure how fashion shows usually work, mostly those with high hype as this one. But everything that happened around her seemed so glamorous and new to her. Her eyes trailed after each model that strutted down the runways, each one wore a glitzy outfit made by Isabelle Silva. Even though she didn't know the fashion designer that well, she did feel somewhat proud to be acquainted with her.

In mere months, Mira could imagine Isabelle's clothes being worn by thousands of Korean women. And soon enough, she'll be posing in her work. It was an oddly thrilling thought.

Isabelle herself executed the whole show magnificently. With the way her usually outgoing personality really showcased through the event was evident. Her extravagant movements and her eloquent talking reeled in every single person in the room. Mirasol found herself very swayed by the designer's words to the point she was tempted to buy the clothes herself.

The show had ended with a lot of excitement. With a lot of congratulations towards Isabelle and the people of Oh Corp, mostly Sehun and CEO Hyunmin, it really showed how successful it all had been. Isabelle's clothes will surely be a big hit once it hit stores.

"Jovelyn!"

The model turned her head towards the voice. She saw Isabelle waving for her to come over to where she, her fiancé, Sehun, and CEO Hyunmin were. They all looked to be crowded together for pictures for the media outlets. Mirasol blinked over at the other girl, wondering why on earth she would want her to join them. She wasn't anything much, after all.

She glanced over at Sehun to see his reaction.

However, she was surprised to see that he was nodding for her to come over too.

So, without a word, she quickly joined the (significantly richer) group and stood right between Isabelle and Sehun. She wasn't sure how to act. Was she supposed to pose like a model or just stand and smile? It would be more the latter, right?

She latched onto Sehun's arm for support and smiled her best smile to the flashing cameras.

"Who is she?" One of the reporters asked.

"Is she Oh Sehun's date?"

"Most likely."

"Are they a new couple then?"

"Omo, bachelor Oh Sehun is off the market now?!"

Hearing the murmurs of the people, Mirasol felt self-conscious. Of course she shouldn't be grabbing onto Sehun so freely like this. It hard to remember sometimes that he's the son of the CEO of a widely known clothing company. Sehun has a reputation to withhold.

She tried to slip her hand away from Sehun's arm, but was stopped when she felt his hand on top of hers. Her eyes widened and she wanted to turn to look at him, but she was stuck smiling for the cameras. She can't bring herself to, but she was undoubtedly surprised.

"There's no point. You're already seen as my date, just smile a little longer and we can go," Sehun whispered over to her. It gave a very uneasy feeling, but Mira stayed in place.

The lights continued to flash before her eyes to the point it was beginning to give her a headache. She blinked, trying to get rid of the dizzying feeling that was stirring. She tried to keep face, not wanting anyone to notice.

Please let it be over soon.

Or else.

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding when the reporters finished taking their desired pictures. They all sprawled about to take pictures of other famous guests, thankfully leaving them in peace for now.