Chapter 15: There Was a Shift

Jovelyn was pleasantly surprised. Surprised that Oh Sehun had personally come back into Azalea's during her shift and asked if she was able to join him for drinks on his spare time. And their chats were... nice. He had asked her how her day has been and how work was so far. It was like a whole new look on Sehun.

She liked it, loved it actually.

It finally felt like their friendship was progressing.

However, all that went down the drain when he finally told her the reason for their meeting.

"We have to let you go."

Everything was suddenly crashing down within her. Jovelyn tilted her head, processing what the young heir had said but didn't quite understand. She had an inkling, but this wasn't what she wanted to hear.

"We don't think you're the right model for the store anymore," Sehun explained. He held a very nonchalant expression, blank even as he took a sip of his chocolate bubble tea. Seeing him so unaffected didn't sit well for the girl.

"What do you mean? Sales have increased ever since I joined!" Jovelyn burst out, gaining some of the surrounding customers attention. She suddenly didn't care. This modeling job was important to her, but now it was being taken away from her.

This was the one that will make me complete.

"Come on, Sehun, I thought we were friends."

"I'd much rather say acquaintances."

Ouch. Jovelyn bit her bottom lip to refrain herself from snapping back. Her mind was in a frenzy, she just didn't understand one bit of all of this. "Was it because of that one week I was a bit off? Those pictures turned out great though! Luhan told me there has been a 20% increase since that week."

Sehun then sat back, arms crossed and now with an amused look on his face. That wasn't the kind of reaction Jovelyn expected, and would rather not see. "Oh, you mean the week when you and your sister decided to go all Parent Trap on us." The brunette faltered, and she sat back on her chair as well, flabbergasted that Sehun knew that her and Mirasol switched places.

Fine, okay. I should've known that Mira can't be me.

"Alright, sure, I'll admit it. I asked Mirasol to go as me to that one photoshoot. You can't blame me for whatever dilemmas she might've caused."

Sehun's face slightly twitched at her words. They were... much more rude than he'd expect. Jovelyn always showcased her sisterly love for Mira, so wouldn't she rather not put all the blame on her? He guessed maybe she was just desperate for the job.

"Sure, she was awkward a bit but she adapted pretty well," Sehun replied. "But she wasn't the problem."

"She's not?"

"Yeah. You are."

Jovelyn couldn't believe her ears. She stared at him with an incredulous look etched on her pretty face. Her lips perked into a smirk and she scoffed, "Me? I am a professional, honey. All you have to do is instruct me on how to pose or whatever."

"I know, but honestly like I said, no matter what, you just don't have the aura that our shop is going for."

"Aura, what the hell?! What do you mean I don't have the right aura?"

Sehun then leaned forward and muttered out, "You just seem too fake for us."

"F-Fake?"

The word brought Jovelyn's whole body burning with anger. She doesn't even know what to say at that point, she was shocked beyond belief. Oh Sehun dared to call her fake?

"However, we really liked Mirasol's feel whenever we shot with her. So we're considering asking her to model for us instead."

It was one shock after the other. This was even more insane than the last. "Mirasol? You're going to ask Mirasol to model for you? She's an amateur! How are you going to pick someone with no experience against someone who does?!"

"That's just how it is," Sehun shrugged. He then stood up from his chair and he gave the girl a small grin. It was a grin that now irritated Jovelyn. "I'll go ahead and talk to Mirasol about this whenever I get the chance. And as far as I know, wouldn't it still be okay that at least one of you has the job? These shoots have been very helpful to you financially, right?"

Another blow. Jovelyn scowled at him, "As if!"

"No need to hide it, Luhan told me about it."

Damn that man!

"So, anyway, I doubt you working in this shop will help much with your taxes or whatever. You and Mirasol should choose wisely, but you know which ones the right one. And don't even bother trying to pretend to be Mirasol if you do agree on it. I would know." With that, Sehun finished the rest of his drink and then bounded towards the exit, leaving Jovelyn in her boiling rage.

How the hell did this happen?

Forget seducing Oh Sehun, she can now clearly see how much of a threat he is.

"Hey, Jovelyn-unnie, are you okay?" The very girl snapped out of her troubling thoughts and glanced over at her younger coworker, a high school student named Jiho. She was currently wiping the tables, and she just so happened to be cleaning just nearby where she and Sehun sat. Jovelyn knew she didn't mean to eavesdrop, she knew they were being a bit too loud with their conversation.

Jovelyn did her best to manage a smile. "Yeah, I'm okay. Just remember not to deal with problematic boys like him, alright, Jiho-yah?"

Jiho nodded at the words. "Um, yeah, he was kind of... mean. And uh, I didn't know you had a sister, unnie."

With her gaze cast down to the her own drink in her hands, she grimaced. There was a new feeling tightening in her chest. She knew if she doesn't work fast at this point, then everything she had planned wouldn't fall through. 

"I don't."

A/n: and the plot thickens!!

Also, yay for an actual new chapter. Now I won't feel weird for having chapters that already got views for it~